PDA

View Full Version : what do i do??

Hebs
15-10-2009, 01:13 PM
my mindee C is 10, he's been sent home from school, the school rang me to collect cos they couldn't contact mum.

i've tried ringing mum, sent her texts rang all the emergency contacts and cant get an answer from any of them :mad:

so what do i do??

He's been sick at school (but looks ok, has a cough) have given him calpol (as agreed and signed by mum)

i'm really :censored: off with mum for not ansering her phone, apparently C wasn't well this morning and mum gave him calpol before sening him to school, she goes to uni on thursdays so that'll be why.

Hope she realises that there's and extra £12 fee for not collecting him (i charge £6 per hour for non contracted hours)

i feel really sorry for him :(

LOOPYLISA
15-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Not funny :angry:

Sorry i have no advise, how are you feeling now ?, hope you don't go and catch whatever he has :panic:

PixiePetal
15-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Do you have another contact number for emergencies. A friend of hers or family. He should not be with you if he is ill.

helenlc
Poor thing. I dont suppose there is much else you can do, sorry, :( apart from keep trying mum and they emergency contacts until someone responds.

What if he had had a serious accident or was violently ill and nobody was reachable?

I think you need to tell Mum that she needs to check her phone more regularly. I would also suggest she checks with the people that she has given as emergency contacts that they are reachable also. Otherwise there is no point them being on the list.

:angry: GGrrrrr some people!!!

Hebs
Not funny :angry:

Sorry i have no advise, how are you feeling now ?, hope you don't go and catch whatever he has :panic:

i think he's got what i have, although he only comes on weds and thurs so couldn't have caught it from me already, mum has had the same virus too, unfortunatly it's doing the rounds :(

i'm actually feeling really well, not 100% but so much better than yesterday :clapping:

Hebs
15-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Do you have another contact number for emergencies. A friend of hers or family. He should not be with you if he is ill.

i've tried all the numbers i have
mums, her boyfriend and her mum's (gran) and not one will answer
have even sent her 3 texts asking her to ring me cos he's been sent home :panic:

school had tried too but couldn't get an answer from anyone so they rang me :( they were really sorry to have to ring me but i guess even if he sat at :( school til home time i would have had to collect him anyway

PixiePetal
15-10-2009, 01:25 PM
i've tried all the numbers i have
mums, her boyfriend and her mum's (gran) and not one will answer
have even sent her 3 texts asking her to ring me cos he's been sent home :panic:

school had tried too but couldn't get an answer from anyone so they rang me :( they were really sorry to have to ring me but i guess even if he sat at :( school til home time i would have had to collect him anyway

ring uni and get them to send a message to her to ring you?

Chanelle
15-10-2009, 01:46 PM
ring uni and get them to send a message to her to ring you?

Do you have a policy about Non Collected Child?? Mine says I will call Children's and Families !

If so quote that in a text and send to the Mum , I am sure that might get her ass into gear !!!

Also tell the Uni too, to pass on to her!

Maybe I am just mean, but I feel sorry for the poor kiddie, they always want their Mum :(

Good Luck hunny and hope she comes soon :)

tashaleee
15-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I do feel really sorry for yourself and the child BUT I actually think that the school was wrong in asking you to collect the child as they couldnt get hold of mum. It isnt fair on you in case you pick it up from him, or if he is sick again you are going to be the one cleaning it up (and not the school!). I wouldnt accept a sick child from the parent, therefore I wouldnt accept one from the school, and I think the school has taken the 'easy' way by asking you to collect the child which makes me :censored: with the school

Hope you get hold of mum soon and the child gets better quickly :thumbsup:

Mouse
15-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree with that.

I do feel very sorry for your mindee, but school as really just passed the buck on this. They should be the ones trying to contact mum - not pass a sick child onto you & expect you to do it.

Hope you get in touch with mum soon.

Noodles
15-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree to i refuse to pick up a sick child from school as i dont care for sick children. :)
Hope you have it sorted now

Hebs
15-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Nope he's still here!

TBH he looks fine, hasn't been sick again and I think his vomitting was just phlem and not vomit IYSWIM??

He's happily play but still going to go nuts with mum for not answering her mobile or her emergency contacts not answering either

Pudding Girl
15-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I too have an uncollected child procedure and if I couldn't get hold of any of the emergency contcts I would implement it and call SS. Harsh maybe but they wouldn't flipping do it to you again would they?1 ;)

Agree school was wrong to have called you and they have passed the buck. I'd have refused.

Hope Mum comes for him soon. What are you going to say to her?

mabel
16-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes school was wrong
I have often been called by school and I always say we cannot take
care of sick children.

feel for you tho'

The Juggler
16-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree to i refuse to pick up a sick child from school as i dont care for sick children. :)
Hope you have it sorted now

I have said this before. I was called but I told them I could not have child who'd been sick child in setting. Sore throats I have collected until mum could come but have also refused to do this before as then poor child has had to come back to school and home again later when I pick up the others.

If he's too ill to be at school, you can't expect them to walk back and fore to school three times!

Maguiresmonkeys
16-10-2009, 01:26 PM
GRRRRR parents not answering phone or returning calls :angry: . Its really not on for school to put you in that position either :angry:

What did mum have to say when she collected him?:rolleyes:

helenlc
16-10-2009, 01:31 PM
How did it go with Mum?