PDA

View Full Version : How do I become accredited

Debster
15-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Was not sure where to post this message. I would like to konw how I would go about becoming a accredited childminder. What is the criteria and for those of you that are accredited how to you start to go about it what is my first point of call.
Thanks for your help.
Debbie

sarah707
15-10-2009, 09:54 AM
It depends on where you live.

Here in East Cheshire they are just starting accreditation process and seem to be making it up as they go along.

The network is disappearing - we will all be part of a partnership.

We have to jump through a number of hoops and so long as we are leaping high enough then we will have the right to be accredited.

In other areas it seems harder than this - I know a few members have had big problems having to put silly things in place.

In others, it seems easier.

Best talk to your local area and see what they are offering :D

cara1235
15-10-2009, 10:14 AM
hi
I have just joined the local network then when i have been accepted have been told that i can then apply to be accredited

specks4
15-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I live in hertfordshire and i have to complete the HQS course (Herts quality standards) before i can, plus there are some others things i need to cover

Mrs Book
15-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry to seem a bit dum here. Having one of those thick & stupid days as my husband puts it.

But what do you mean by accredited?

Gherkin
15-10-2009, 01:22 PM
When you become accredited it allows you to pull down the nursery education funding for 3 year olds that a pre-school would access. So you essentially provide pre-school care but in your own home and can access the funding part of that care.

In my area (Peterborough) to become accredited you first have to complete the NCMA Quality Assurance to become part of the local childminding network. You can also join the network without having to become accredited.

Once you are on the network you can then apply for the accreditation.

Getting on the network and becoming accredited both require you to show to what level you provide care. For the NCMA QA I produced a file showing my evidence and then for the accreditation I had to complete a document providing my understanding of certain aspects of the standards (as they were at the time). Also have visits from the network co-ordinator both planned and unannounced.

Hope that helps but it is different in each area.

Rasharoon
15-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I live in West Sussex and aside from being part of a network and studying towards a level 3, you must now commit to becoming a community childminder and/or become accredited.

If you decide that you do not wish to commit to either or one of the above, then my understanding is that you cannot be part of or join a network.

MarpleJollytots
15-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Does anyone who lives in the Stockport area know how to become accredited ???? Im confused !!!! Do u have to of been childminding a while ?Me and Mike are STILL (ARGGGGGGGGGH) Pre reg. :mad:

sarah707
15-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Does anyone who lives in the Stockport area know how to become accredited ???? Im confused !!!! Do u have to of been childminding a while ?Me and Mike are STILL (ARGGGGGGGGGH) Pre reg. :mad:

What county is Stockport nowadays? :D

MarpleJollytots
15-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Mike seems to think its Cheshire for mail purposes or Greater manchester. Cheshire really i suppose......going to google where in Cheshire !!!! Maybe same as you Sarah,if so would love to know more about Networks and being accredited etc....back in mo,going to google ....XXX :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

MarpleJollytots
15-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Its GREATER MANCHESTER now !!! Formally CHESHIRE !!!! All our mail states Cheshire but according to the Town hall were G Manchester !! Pref Cheshire it sounds posher !!!Thanks Sarah and anyone elce in Stockport,would love more info xxx

sarah707
15-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry I don't know about the process in Manchester...

Do you have a Development Officer you could ask? :D

MarpleJollytots
15-10-2009, 07:54 PM
yep,will call her in the morning.Thankyou Sarah x