PDA

View Full Version : planning over 5?

littlepixies
15-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Hello,

I have ofsted due soon and when she called she asked if i was minding anyone which i replied yes too... she asked how old so i said turned 5 a few weeks ago which she then stated "you do realise you should still be providing planning after school for this child" which i do any way.

But today i spoke to a college at after school club and mentioned this who then said..... no, if they are over five you dont have to plan its only the under 5's planning is aimed at...

can any on clarify this please?

sarah707
15-10-2009, 09:56 AM
You need to do full Eyfs for all children up to the end of their reception year at school.

The planning / obs etc will be balanced and complementary so that the bulk is done at school.

I wrote the following feedback from what an Ofsted inspector said at the recent Nursery World Conference I attended -

'Ofsted confirmed that if we offer wrap around care, we should not be looking to meet all 6 areas of learning and development with every child each day. Instead we need to offer a complementary care, which recognises the child has been busy at school all day. So long as we focus on PSED and the children are happy to play and rest in our care, then we are meeting their needs.'

Hope this helps :D