PDA

View Full Version : Signing contracts

Cazz
14-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm feeling optimistic after a prospective parent came round today and hope I'm not tempting fate by asking this, but I suggested to her that if she wants the spaces I would print my policies and child information sheets and put them through her door for her to read/complete and we can fix a time to sign the contract.

Now I'm wondering if that's a good idea - it's probably best to get the contract signed asap so if it's a yes, would I be better to just fix a time to meet her (was considering suggesting going to hers in the evening so I can meet dh as he may drop off/collect some times) and get her to read through the policies in front of me? This would obviously make the meeting much longer.

How do you all do it?

little daisies
15-10-2009, 05:00 AM
i have a welcome pack that includes all my policies that i give to all parents when they sign a contract its up to them if they want to read it then. when i1m signing contracts with parents it usually takes 1 - 11/2 hours i wouldn`t want to sit there for another hour or so why they read through the policies it would just take too long and invade on my family time, but its a personal thing, if the parents want to read them first then obviously i would wait while they go through it but its not something that i offer

nannymcflea
15-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I prefer to email my policies to prospective parents. That way they have a copy and it's the cheapest way too.

(I'm just adding a bit now)...actually i don't...prospective parents don't get a copy,they read mine at home,then when they sign I send them one....dur!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I verbally explain my policies and then offer the chance for them to browse through them. I spent hours producing them and I am not emailing them to anyone else to copy. If parents want a copy then I would print them off.