PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to get DDC working . . .

Tam's Tribe
14-10-2009, 04:01 PM
As decided by Red Dragon and moi . . .

COME ON GIRLS (and boys) . . . we have to get the Daddy Day Care working now!!!! . . . it is about time now . . . any ideas???

Lovies
Tam & Red Dragon!!

x x x

marian
14-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Stop him playing games on facebook !!!!:laughing: and he is to walk up and down his area with a sandwich board advertising his wares!!!:laughing:

Marian x

It's a small world
14-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Find out if any childminders are retiring in his area (I went to my local childminding group last week and a lady is retiring in Dec and aske if anyone has spaces ) ME ME ME ME ...Mum came today and even mentioned her lo (3 months younger than my ds) going to preschool with my ds...thats not for another 2 years yet..so could have him long term.. :clapping: keep you posted. All went well so just waiting to hear now.. fingers crossed .. wont be till Dec but getting a deposit to hold a space open. Will be 3 days possibly 5 if she gets another job.

Does DDC have a local mag..we do and its onlt £25 ish to advertise but everyone seems to read it.

Like the sandwich board idea :laughing: that was my next step before this lady called.

I know he goes to lots of groups so spread the word. Perhaps speak to head at daughters school to see if can put a poster up???? Speak to other childminders. Word of mouth is pretty good round here.

Sending lots of good luck DDC (must catch up soon)

RedDragon
14-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I have got my work from :

Netmums

The childcare.gov website

Keeping an A5 flyer in my bag ready to shove at anyone who looks like they need childcare or who ask me.

I also made a 2 page Welcome pack when parents looked keen to find childcare.

I offered to fundraise for my local Pre School and that way the staff (and a lot of the parents) got to know me and work came my way that way.

I have made a website and keep the emaill address on me and again shove it at anyone and everyone.

Are you able to help out at a local school a couple of hours a week?

Flyers at Post Office/local shop - all done with a professional look (I saw 1 today on the back of a postcard - scrawly writing, looked horrible).

gegele
14-10-2009, 05:55 PM
i had tomove school t have work lol. check how many childminder do your school, if there are too many of you an other school is probably needing!

i have to take my car and hurry but no pain no gain
:laughing:

Twinkles
14-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I've mentioned this to other people , how about your local Church magazine / pews news ? They often run adverts for local businesses fairly cheaply and not many minders think to advertise there.

ORKSIE
14-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I advertised in the local Primary school Staff room.
The Local Toddler groups and Play groups,
Gave friends my adverts to put up on noticeboards in their workplaces:thumbsup:
Hope something comes up soon Gareth:)

daisyboo1980
14-10-2009, 07:12 PM
i read somewhere on here abt putting in adverts with the sweets when trick or treaters call, gumtree, wat abt saying you offer a x mas shopping cover or signs on ur car

balijay
14-10-2009, 07:20 PM
daisyboo that trick or treating one is really good!! I am so pinching that one! :laughing:

PixiePetal
14-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I am looking into advertising in the Village News magazine. Might be worth the initial payment (not sure how much yet) as it goes to everyone free. It's a monthly mag and people hang onto it till the next one comes out

miffy
14-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Leaflets through door

Get in touch with local paper/radio station and get them to do an article - plug the male childminder angle.

Advertise in drs, library, local shops

Get a website (ask d'boss)

Good luck Gareth

Miffy xx

Daddy Day Care
14-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Lol not sure if your generally trying to get me work, or doing this to get me away from the forum for a bit lol

Marian - id love to stop playing the games, they do my head in but hate not being #1 so if someone beat me I have to play till i get it back lol, as for the board idea well :p

Kerry - Yup I go to lots of groups, havent been so much last 2 weeks been at home with the mrs but will start gonig again once baby is here. I generally go to one a day on a monday two a day.

The word of mouth angle is one that ive used the most, i know lots un lots of childminders in my area, theres at least 15 that have my business card and have said any work they cant do they will pass my number on.

The 2 enquiries i have had have both come from other childminders passing details on. My details were past on just monday for someone wnating care for there 6 month baby, the childminder who passed them on said that the mum was happy with a male childmionder but didnt know if dad would be, well ive not heard form them so guessing he wasnt.

Also 2 weeks ago a childminder i know picks up 2 children from my daughetrs school, 1 of them in my daughters class, shes started maternity leave this week, asked if I had space to take them on, I said I had, she said she would give mum my number, again i heard nothing.

I know a childminder who is semi retired, she spends half the year out of the country now and only really does holiday cover, she gets a lot of calls and has been passing my number on.

Dragon - I did join netmums a while ago to advertise there, never got round to doing it tho, so will get this sorted.

I take business cards with me everwhere i go and have gave a couple out but again nothing yet.

Ive started my website, and again something i need to push on with.

My daughters school did send a letter home asking if anyone could volunteer, with the baby due monday I havent put my name forward yet but once hes here and things have settled, then i will put my name forward.

I have posted flyers locally havent got any up in shops/library or post office tho

gegele - I dont drive so can only really do my daughters school, theres a couple of nurserys that are clsoe that i can do but cant change school. theres only 2 other minders that do this school that im aware off.

Twinks - to be honest i didnt even know there was a church magazine, a couple of the groups i go to are at churches ill have to ask.

Orksie - hadnt thoguht of giving leaflets for friends to stick up at there work, thanks.

Dasiy - great idea, i know people put them in party bags at birthday parties, the only problem is we have lived in this house 4 years and have never had a trick or treater knock at the house (guess my reputation for being tight gets around lol)

Pixie - we do have a feee paper here that coems around once a week, ive heard its exspensive to advetise in but wont hurt to find out just how exspensive.

Miffy - Ive done a lot fo those things, not sure id have the confidence to get in touch with local radio tho :blush:

and now im knakcered after typing all that lol

but thanks guys i know your all tyrying to help :clapping: :)

Gareth
xx

daisyboo1980
14-10-2009, 08:38 PM
daisyboo that trick or treating one is really good!! I am so pinching that one! :laughing:

i cant remember who posted it before but i thought it was good idea

Debbieanne
14-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi DDC.
Where i live we have recently got all the childminders together, that have vacancies and did speed minding at a local venue ( swimming baths)it was along the lines of speed dating.
Childminders sit behind tables around the room. parents who need childcare where invite to come along, and talk to any one of the childminders ( we all had numbers and the parents where given the number of the cm who most fitted their requirments for childcare ie; area, age vacancy, hours they work)
It was the first time we had done this. we advertised it in the local papers,around the venue, parent centres, schools, radio and word of mouth. we did have to give up a sunday afternoon, but we had fun and got some business at the same time. the feed back from the parents was positive and thought it was a good idea.The cm 's who went said they would do it again.:thumbsup:
Good luck.

Chanelle
14-10-2009, 08:59 PM

It was Aimie who suggested that one to me!! I went out last week to buy all my bits for it!! lmao

Lots of sweeties is a good bribe! lol

cherry pink
15-10-2009, 09:58 AM
hey gareth how are you hun????
deffo do the halloween treat bags i did it last year and will do it again this year.

get a wad of flyers and get down the supermarket and post on the car windscreens a couple of years ago someone did this on my car lol.

go down employment agency's and ask if you can leave a few cards/leaflets their
get some hi vis vests printed and get the kids even your own to wear them on school /toddler runs e.g i am with my childminder and your number/logo.

get a jacket done, you cant miss mine lol it,s black and in pretty large letters across the back in hot pink it says childminder.

have you tried asking estate agents if you can leave some cards might help people who are moving to the area.

magnets for your car,

hats for the kids for summer i also got t-shirts done for the kids for when we are out saying ''i am with my childminder'' and put my number on also little back packs for the kids saying the same thing.
i even got one done for dd (15 years) for when she's out with us saying ''my mum is a childminder'' and put my number on

vista print do banners and lawn/wall signs you could put on the house or in the garden..

advertise on yell/hot frog etc

think i've rambled enough lol xxxx