PDA

View Full Version : Snack Time

shelly04
14-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi again,

Most of my mindees are after schoolers, for snack I have fruit and either, jelly, crackers and cheese, toast. I am looking for more ideas for snack time , they are a fussy lot and everything I mention they don't like. Any ideas?

gigglinggoblin
14-10-2009, 01:23 PM
We have cereal quite a bit

little daisies
14-10-2009, 01:39 PM
they don`t like the healthy options they want crisps, biscuits,cakes, sweet, pizz:) a

mama2three
14-10-2009, 01:41 PM
veg and dips ( cream cheese , houmous , tzatziki) , pitta bread , malt loaf , rice cakes.

nannymcflea
14-10-2009, 01:52 PM
toast,crumpets,bread sticks,popcorn,fruit jelly,cold sausages,eggy bread. My girls eat fruit on the way home from school then can have another snack of choice when they get there but this does depend on how many you have and how long a walk.

sarah707
14-10-2009, 04:54 PM
they don`t like the healthy options they want crisps, biscuits,cakes, sweet, pizz:) a

those aren't on offer in my house!

If they are hungry they will eat what I offer... or wait for tea :D

Jen 10
14-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I do scones and jam, a choice of spreads on toast, sandwiches, crumpets, tea cakes or cheese and crackers for after school. I try not to give them too much because we eat dinner less than 2 hours later!

Pudding Girl
14-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Faves here last week were crumpets with jam, warburtons fruity toast (2 slices count as one of your 5 a day too ;) ) and cheese chunks served with potato scones/cakes spread with butter.

gegele
14-10-2009, 06:36 PM
pain perdu! eggy bread with a bit of sugar on top.....mmmmm yummy mine LOVED it they said it tasted like pancake LOL

pancakes

craker bread with philadelphia kind of cheese, jam, chocolate spread...

brioche

I do a mixe of cereals in a bowl and the pick at it like sweet

i bought a exotic fruit mix as well to pick at it, they think they're eating sweet LOL:thumbsup:

Mrs Book
14-10-2009, 06:48 PM
How about something like muffins (not the cake ones:) ) My two like them with tomoato paste and cheese like a pizza or even doing this with bagels. You can use a homemade tomato sauce as your base.

Cinnomon bagels are nice as well.

Daftbat
14-10-2009, 06:59 PM
A big favourite with my after schoolies is bagels. They like them with chocolate spread, just butter, cream cheese, ham - anything really!

miffy
14-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Mine eat better if they help prepare it so chopping up their own fruit works well.

Miffy xx

Maguiresmonkeys
14-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Mine have fruit salad most days, im lucky because mine all love fruit.:clapping: But some times we have toast/ crumpets/rice cakes or make healthy pitta pizzas (spread pitta with tomatoe paste and add different veggies and top with cheese and cook for a few mins). I dont offer crisps/biscuits/sweets so they never ask for them!

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 09:44 PM
those aren't on offer in my house!

If they are hungry they will eat what I offer... or wait for tea :D

mine too! they just get used to it after a while. if they're hungry they'll eat.

loocyloo
15-10-2009, 10:11 AM
i've got a popcorn machine that pops the corn kernals, just using hot air!

the children love watching it/catching them when they jump out of the bowl and eating it as fast as they can!

very healthy as just the corn, AND they think its a real treat! we have it at least once a week!

otherwise we have toast/crumpets/muffins/bagels etc with assortment of spreads, crackers, cheese and lots of fruit & veg. sometimes a homemade cake or something.