PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

Hebs
14-10-2009, 11:49 AM
according to the NHS swine flu checker thing i have swine flu :panic:

i know the symptoms are the same as normal flu, so what do i do??

tried to get an app with my GP to be told i wouldnt be seen if i thought it was swine flu :panic:

HELP

Pudding Girl
14-10-2009, 11:52 AM
What does it tell you to do on the checker?

Hebs
14-10-2009, 11:56 AM
to ring a number to get antiviral stuff that i wouldn't take anyway :panic:

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Well if your feeling as poorly as i did when i had the flu i would take the time off and rest :thumbsup:

grindal
14-10-2009, 12:42 PM
to ring a number to get antiviral stuff that i wouldn't take anyway :panic:

Tuck yourself up in bed till you are feeling better - unless you have any other health complications? Hope you feel better soon.

Hebs
14-10-2009, 12:53 PM
i don't feel too bad actually but was coughing so much last night that i was vomitting blood :(

Noodles
14-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Im sorry but i think there are too many people using the online swine flu checker and deciding they have swine flu.
My daughter has some of the symptoms on the checker and if i believed the web site she would be suffering from swine flu but i know she isnt.
From what i have heard if you are genuinely suffering from swine flu you would not be wanting to go onto a web site to find out as you would be feeling so bad.
Its like normal flu people say they have flu but then they are better in no time. Proper flu causes a person to be bed bound and not be able to get up or lift their head off the pillow.

So Hebs i wouldnt worry about it too much unless you are really poorly i would think you have got what a lot of other people have at the moment a virus or common cold.

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 12:56 PM
i don't feel too bad actually but was coughing so much last night that i was vomitting blood :(

That don't sound good , maybe go see the doc :thumbsup:

miffy
14-10-2009, 12:59 PM
If you're coughing up blood you should definitely see a doctor.

I was reading about a young girl who was diagnosed with swine flu and given the tablets which made no difference.

She was seen by 3 different drs before finally being admitted to hospital. She actually had tonsillitus but by this time an abcess caused by the tonsillitus going untreated had burst causing septaecemia (sorry can't spell that) and she died.

Don't muck about Hebs, go and see your dr

Miffy xx

Hebs
14-10-2009, 12:59 PM
So Hebs i wouldnt worry about it too much unless you are really poorly i would think you have got what a lot of other people have at the moment a virus or common cold.

i agree too Noodles, and i dont feel too bad just this bloomin cough it's driving me nuts :laughing:

i have Asthma but was disgusted that my GP is refusing to see me in case i do have swine flu :panic: :eek: :rolleyes:

Hebs
14-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Don't muck about Hebs, go and see your dr

Miffy xx

he wont see me in case i do have swine flu, was told to just rest at home :rolleyes:

i have told them that if i dont feel better soon, or get worse i'll go to A&E cos the GP surguries get billed for it if its something a dr could have dealt with :laughing:

Winnie

you've probably just ruptured a few little capillaries but i should seek medical advice if i were you, just to be on the safe side :)

PixiePetal

Coughing so much can sometimes damage/irritate the insides of your throat and cause bleeding

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 01:02 PM
i agree too Noodles, and i dont feel too bad just this bloomin cough it's driving me nuts :laughing:

i have Asthma but was disgusted that my GP is refusing to see me in case i do have swine flu :panic: :eek: :rolleyes:

He will have to come to you then :panic:

Noodles
14-10-2009, 01:04 PM

its dreadful isnt it our surgery has signs on the door saying IF YOU HAVE SIGNS OF SWINE FLU GO HOME.

Hebs
14-10-2009, 01:04 PM
it wasn't just streaks of blood but bright red vomit :panic:

PixiePetal
14-10-2009, 01:05 PM

YUK!! :eek:

Noodles
14-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Hebs the blood will probably be due to all the coughing just like when we sometimes sneeze and have a nose bleed

angeldelight
14-10-2009, 01:20 PM

I think this could be due to you coughing

When my sister had swine flu she did not have the energy to even turn on her pc

Think you should rest and drink lots of fluids and if you feel worse make a pest of yourself and call the doctor again

Hope you feel better soon

Angel xx

Hebs
14-10-2009, 05:24 PM
my kids are sick of hearing me cough :panic: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
14-10-2009, 05:36 PM
If you have asthma why don't you take your blue inhaler? It will ease the coughing. My DD has a blue inhaler just to stop her coughing (she doesn't have asthma).

Hebs
14-10-2009, 05:39 PM
i am taking it but its not helping :thumbsup: