PDA

View Full Version : FAT CATS

WibbleWobble
14-10-2009, 10:39 AM
.....they cant get through the stair gates! just put them up........

ecky thump!

right...looking for cat diets on the web....weight watchers for cats..

still cleaning........madly

mandy xxx

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 10:42 AM
.....they cant get through the stair gates! just put them up........

ecky thump!

right...looking for cat diets on the web....weight watchers for cats..

still cleaning........madly

mandy xxx

:laughing:

I would be interested in what info u find, one of my cats is huge :D

Mouse
14-10-2009, 10:44 AM
lol!

My cat just jumps over the stairgates.

WibbleWobble
14-10-2009, 10:47 AM
if they could jump they wouldnt be so fat! Petal and Flower (Parsley RIPd 3 years ago) are now over 14 years old so they dont do much.

Flower stays in bed all day but Petal loves kids and wants to play and be hugged and dressed up.....she is a really funny old girl!

i can see me having to heave them over the gates....my poor back...

i can still see some dust............get me a cloth

Ripeberry
14-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a rollerblind stairgate on the stairs and my little cat tries and fails to look elegant jumping over it as she always thinks it will take her weight and she ends up 'flipping' over it.
Tis funny to watch :D

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 11:14 AM
if they could jump they wouldnt be so fat! Petal and Flower (Parsley RIPd 3 years ago) are now over 14 years old so they dont do much.

Flower stays in bed all day but Petal loves kids and wants to play and be hugged and dressed up.....she is a really funny old girl!

i can see me having to heave them over the gates....my poor back...

i can still see some dust............get me a cloth

My dd dresses all our cats up :laughing:

Mouse
14-10-2009, 11:19 AM
if they could jump they wouldnt be so fat!

Oh, bless 'em!

Stairgate with a catflap?

Mini trampolines so they can bounce over?

Vyx
14-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Petal

Off on a slight cat tangent :laughing:

Check their food for the protein content, it may not be that they need to go on a diet per sé but as they get older their kidneys can't process protein as efficiently as a younger cat (same goes for dogs btw) so the excess gets laid down as additional fat, add that to reduced activity as you say (which is an older cat's priviledge lol).

I am a mine of useless information LOL.

xx

gigglinggoblin
14-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Lol, I have a fat and a skinny cat, skinny is getting on a bit so rather than make her jump (much as I would have enjoyed watching fatso flolloping about) we put the gates a bit higher up so they can crawl underneath.

WibbleWobble
14-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Petal

Off on a slight cat tangent :laughing:

Check their food for the protein content, it may not be that they need to go on a diet per sé but as they get older their kidneys can't process protein as efficiently as a younger cat (same goes for dogs btw) so the excess gets laid down as additional fat, add that to reduced activity as you say (which is an older cat's priviledge lol).

I am a mine of useless information LOL.

xx

oh yes you are Vyx!

Joking aside....they are on a special diet from the vets...they dont like it but i think its tough doo dahs. We had them checked recently for kidney and liver function and they are healthier than me.....i bet its cos i have to all the flamin cleaning etc.

I have decided that when i die and come back, it will be as a cat...as long as they live in a home like mine....they are worshipped especially by katie who is 17 and has autism. They are her best friends and she communicates with them....they have this mutual understanding. Daft as brushes.....

mandy xxxx

Demonjill
14-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I noticed this with new stair gates cat cannot squeeze through bars and he is not fat!

Gates i had with my kids the bars were further apart and cat get through no prob - there is now a gap rule in case of heads and limbs getting stuck! lol

Vyx
15-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Mandy

Aww bless, they must be very well cared for to be in that condition at their age hun.

xx