PDA

View Full Version : Visit went well :)

Pudding Girl
29-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Parent called me 15 mins before appt time, to say twins were still asleep so they'd be late ( which was fine) - they came and even though the children had not long woken up ( with a bit of help!) they were very sunny and happy :)

Lovely children, almost 2yrs old. Seemed to jump straight in with the toys, and were friendly.

Mum and dad very nice too, asking good questions, works out it would be about 15-20hrs and would need to reneg in may when the children have 2 sessions at 2-3 group and their business gets busier over summer months too.

Care would start 10th March.

Only thing not sure about was they said the children normally have their baths in the week mornings,due to restrictions on their time as they run a hotel, and could I continue this. My proper bathroom is upstairs and I am not regged for there, so would have to ask Care Commission about that, which would take a few weeks ( also would then get spare room regged save them coming out yet again I suppose..) plus there'd obviously be loads of risk assessing and paperwork to complete, if it went ahead.

Does anyone else bath children as a regular thing ( as opposed to when they fall in a vat of mud?)

I got a good vibe off them, think we got on well, they were here about an hour, sent them off with an info pack to read at their leisure, and they will call me next week to say yay or nay, and when I get back from Liverpool I'd go over ( with hubby as it might include weekend work when he would be around, so good for them to meet him) and we'd complete contracts.

:thumbsup:

namtasha
29-02-2008, 07:23 PM
thats fab news, sounds good/

i am starting care for a 6 month old shortly and i am taking him swimming weekly i hadnt thought about extra risk assesments.......

let me know what u come up with

Sandie
29-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I dont have to bath any children at the mo but I have got it on my permission slip as you never know when it might happen. Although I only use one room for naps upstairs I did get all my rooms regged so that if I had older mindies and they wanted to play quietly, do homework or watched tv after school they could go up in spare room without the small mindies jumping on them. I havn't as yet got a risk assesment for the bathroom but I suppose with everything changing suppose I should get around to it.

Twinkles
29-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I have one parent who has to sometimes work quite late, today she collected at 7.15. So on these occasions I will bath and pajama the children if I have no-one else left.
Sometimes it's unexpected so I keep a supply of pj's and bath robes.
I have done a risk assessment for the bathroom and the children think it's a great treat to have a bath here.

Pudding Girl
29-02-2008, 07:57 PM
well I don't mind doing it, and they obviously felt comfortable enough with me to ask me to do it. Of course I could only do it when I only had those mindees in the house, so maybe it wouldnever be able to happen, who knows

berkschick
29-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like it all went well, let us know when you hear back.

Good luck!

Minnie Minx
29-02-2008, 08:20 PM
:clapping: :clapping: glad it went well L, fingers crossed they say yay

xxxx

allinatiz
29-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Sounds promising, fingers crossed for you! :)

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Good luck Lou

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
29-02-2008, 10:14 PM
worked it out to about £500 a month which will be SOOOOO welcome!

Annie_T
29-02-2008, 11:09 PM
thats good news hun, but if you had bath them and go thru all that hassle again your gonna stress again bless ya

least they seem happy tho hun

LittleMissSparkles
01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Thats brilliant news well done you xxxx

sarah707
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Great news Lou! Good luck! :D

Pudding Girl
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
not counting my chickens till I get a contract ( well 2!!) and money in my hands! Seen far too many stories on here to be hopeful lol

( although just been to the carboot and bought some new toys for 2-3 yos ;) )

Mollymop
01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Good luck!!!!

deeb66
01-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

Good luck

Banana
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Good luck Lou

x

ruby
01-03-2008, 09:20 PM
good luck lou
hope all goes well and its good news next week

cathy

smartypants
01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Well done you :thumbsup:

Keeping fingers crossed for you Hun xxxxx

Clever Clogs
01-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Good luck!

Sounds as though you have a really nice family so hope it all goes well for you.

Tracey