PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions about what my report said

suez
14-10-2009, 08:33 AM
hi i feel really thick asking you all thiese questions but if i dont im none the wiser...well i had my inspection about a year ago and for some reason made me look back through it recently again, theres a few things i dont quite get and if poss can someone give me some ideas what they mean and what i can do plz
1,draw on the full range of equality inprovement tools available,for example letters and sounds and inclusion development programme (primary national stratagies)........i went to the website and they run out of booklets.

2,develop self-evaluation systems to assess the setting against the robust and challenging criteria of the EYFS.

3,develop further knowledge and understanding of matters, skills and processes which are required to be taught to young children particulary in relation to supporting childrens communication and language (education programme)

sorry for they essay but like i said if i dont ask i still non the wiser lol x thanks in advance

Lady Haha
14-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Sorry, no advice, but just wanted to say, why can't they just write in plain old easy to understand language! Then we might know what they want from us!!!

suez
14-10-2009, 09:09 AM
i know thats my problem lol ,i cant remember wat the inspector said to me as i was in a right dither as soon as she left it was relief and thought id wait for my report see wat she said but im thinkin im getting ready to do my yearly sef and havent got a clue lol x

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 01:16 PM
hi i feel really thick asking you all thiese questions but if i dont im none the wiser...well i had my inspection about a year ago and for some reason made me look back through it recently again, theres a few things i dont quite get and if poss can someone give me some ideas what they mean and what i can do plz
1,draw on the full range of equality inprovement tools available,for example letters and sounds and inclusion development programme (primary national stratagies)........i went to the website and they run out of booklets.

see if your do can get you the booklets. thre's a few of them out now. they are useful.

2,develop self-evaluation systems to assess the setting against the robust and challenging criteria of the EYFS.

things like your SEF, parent feedback questionnaires - how happy are they - child questionnaires. How you evaluate the children's learning or your own planning how you change and develop planning flexibly to meet the children's interests.

3,develop further knowledge and understanding of matters, skills and processes which are required to be taught to young children particulary in relation to supporting childrens communication and language (education programme)
not sure what they mean really but I guess it's talking about understanding how physical skills (manipulation), creative skills, drawing, playdoh etc can contribute to CLL through enabling muscles which help with pen control and practising "scribbles" without any pressure to write letters. How the images in the environment as well as exposure to books assist children to see that writing has a purpose and meaning so in reception they are not just learning to write or sound out words but know that their writing will have a purpose and the words they read relate to the pictures in the book.

Talk and interaction is a given. It might also include things such as PSED/behaviur. Influencing their self-control skills enables them to develop their communication. If they can manage their emotional behaviour better, they can have more interactions with other children and so develop their learning and CLL that way.

Also might relate to the ways in which we communicate with children at their level/stage depending on age and ability/disability.

sorry for they essay but like i said if i dont ask i still non the wiser lol x thanks in advance

Sorry long winded. not good at being as concise as Sarah. Hope that helps! and, don't feel thick, its' Ofsted who should ensure we understand else how are we supposed to work on our practice and develop it!

suez
14-10-2009, 04:48 PM
youve made that very understanding to me thank you now y cant ofsted dp that lol thanks ever so much it kinda makes it a bit clearer iv already adapted some of the things you said like parent questionare but only just and they came back positive thanks again x

sarah707
14-10-2009, 04:57 PM
You've had a great reply from the Juggler there!

I just wanted to add - your Eyfs guidance booklet where it lists the ages and developmental stages of children has lots of useful advice and information you can use!

It has ideas for activities and next steps to help children learn more and it has lots of suggestions for things you can look out for them doing.

Some of the language it uses is a bit... err... strange, but mostly it's a really useful document.

hth :D

suez
14-10-2009, 05:05 PM
i do use the guidance booklet as my bible as i was told that on my inspection but like you said its not always worded the same way as we speak lol say you do a particular activity/ child done something i really have to rack my brain for where it goes under what area x

sarah707
14-10-2009, 05:06 PM
You can always ask on here and we'll give you some tips.

The more you use it the easier it will get :D

suez
14-10-2009, 05:16 PM
thank you, will start doing that only thing is i could be on here daily bugging ya lol thanks again x

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Some of the language it uses is a bit... err... strange, but mostly it's a really useful document.

hth :D

they just want to make life sooo easy for us don't they!?

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 09:53 PM
youve made that very understanding to me thank you now y cant ofsted dp that lol thanks ever so much it kinda makes it a bit clearer iv already adapted some of the things you said like parent questionare but only just and they came back positive thanks again x

pleasure! its taken me two years at college and lots of listening and watching this forum advice to work it all out! especially from Sarah.