PDA

View Full Version : No toilet / wash hand basin

Zoomie
14-10-2009, 06:33 AM
I have been waiting a year (I kid you not) for my neighbour to retile my bathroom floor.

My toilet and wash hand basin will need to be removed, basically making taking the bathroom unaccessible (and unusable) for a day.

I have a number of before and after-schoolers, but they are only here for 25-45 minutes .... and then I have 2 toddlers, both still in nappies.

I think it would be best to close esp for the before and after-schoolers, but can I remain open for the toddlers.

We can wash our hands in the kitchen sink (for this period only) and mostly spend the day out / at friends, so that I don't sit drinking tea all day :o .

Before I approach my parent's do you think this would be okay ?

LisaMcNally09
14-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Could you not have it done on a weekend so you dont need to close at all???;)

youarewhatyoueat
14-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Ask the neighbour to start after the before schoolers have gone and could you not use the neighbours toilet in an emergency, if you make sure they've been before you leave school they should be ok , and nothing wrong with washing your hands at the kitchen sink for the day, or using anti bac hand wipes.

Zoomie
14-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Could you not have it done on a weekend so you dont need to close at all???;)

If I continue to wait for neighbour to have a free day on a weekend, then I am going to have to wait another year.

It looks like it is going to have to be during the week, or never :(

Zoomie
14-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Ask the neighbour to start after the before schoolers have gone and could you not use the neighbours toilet in an emergency, if you make sure they've been before you leave school they should be ok , and nothing wrong with washing your hands at the kitchen sink for the day, or using anti bac hand wipes.

From what I understand the toilet / basin will need to be removed early in the morning ... before the schoolies arrive ... and the bathroom will be off limits until the toilet / basin go back in, which neighbour says will be LATE that night.

huggableshelly
14-10-2009, 12:15 PM
could you not use an upstairs loo for the day?

i have a downstairs loo but my reg certificate states first floor must not be used for childminding with an expection of access to the bathroom (or summin like that) so if ever my downstairs loo is put out of action i still have the use of a loo elsewhere!

uf353432
14-10-2009, 08:47 PM
would the neighbour not let you use their loo?

sweets
14-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Bucket in the corner!:laughing: :laughing:

Zoomie
14-10-2009, 09:02 PM
My house only has one toilet in it .... :(

Pipsqueak
14-10-2009, 09:16 PM
out for as much of the day you possibly can!

I would make a list of childminders who you may need to go and visit that day!!!:D

Heaven Scent
14-10-2009, 10:38 PM
If possible I'd go out for the day too!!

Daftbat
15-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I may be wrong but i don't think that you can stay open without toiletting facilities. I hope your neighbour is going to let you yourself use their loo or you will be plaiting your legs:eek:

Louise_Oaktree
15-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Personally I would venture out to toddlers in the morning, then another in afternoon or perhaps local park then cafe, then soft play centre after school!

Are any of your toddlers in nappies or use potty?

Chatterbox Childcare
16-10-2009, 07:16 AM
If the little ones are in nappies then you are okay and toddlers could still use the potty and I would go out after school.

For hand washing use antibac gel.

angeldelight
16-10-2009, 08:27 AM
If the little ones are in nappies then you are okay and toddlers could still use the potty and I would go out after school.

For hand washing use antibac gel.

How would you empty the potty ?

Angel xx

madasahatter
16-10-2009, 05:18 PM

but what about Zoomie? .......I know I couldn't wait the whole day to use the loo.
Personally I would probably close for the day (any excuse LOL)