PDA

View Full Version : Endurance and Tolerance

Pipsqueak
13-10-2009, 08:49 PM
I have none:( I have run out tonight!

Today - done drop in - got 'told' by 5 different people to leave the room as I found it!!!! I always do, if not blooming better:angry:

Went to Uni - Two 'know it all's' on the course - they start talking I totally switch off. Every you might have done they have done better or know of at least 5 reasons why you shouldn't have done. And of course they have a direct personal (physic????) link to the: government, childcare experts, publications, journals, tutors - have been there, done it, seen it, read it.

Go straight to first aid tonight - There are 3 - yes 3 know it alls and I have done/had it better/worse than anyone else. They all competing to see who has had the worst: allergy/reaction/cough/hemearoids/headache/near death experience/saved person from bleeding to death

AND they ask the most inane questions :angry:

and one of them appears to be 'approving' everything the instructor is saying... you know the type of person.... 'ahhh yes I thought it would be that/ I totally agree that is what we should be doing'

3 blooming hours of first aid (3rd 3hrly session) and these three women.:angry: are putting me on the edge.

miffy
13-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Glad you've had a good day :D

Sorry Pip - hope you've got emergency chocolate!

Miffy xx

flora
13-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Blimey Pip, what a day.

Hope tomorrow brings a better day :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
13-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I can really sympathise I swear they have been on some of my courses as well!!! It really is my pet hate, why do they not shut up, and why go on the courses if they know it all, I agree I just switch off.

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 09:02 PM
oooo I hate it when you get people like that on a course.

I agree with Miffy emergency chocolate and a large glass of something nice. :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
13-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Tomorrow will be good - I get my mindee Iz back - I haven't seen her for 2 weeks:clapping:

Honestly these people though - normally I find them quite funny and I like throwing spanners in their works but today has just been unbearable! Loooooong day:D

Last first aid session tomorrow - its CPR so hopefully the know it alls will have the gobs clamped firmly shut over the Resuss Annies.

breezy
13-10-2009, 09:09 PM
In our area it's compulsary to have at least one know it all on each course as well as a " well thats what i thought" and a " I'm not doing that, no way, ofsted can stuff that" !

Great fun!

Pipsqueak
13-10-2009, 09:13 PM
and a " I'm not doing that, no way, ofsted can stuff that" !

Great fun!

oooh I like these hypocritical people because you then generally find out that (somewhere down the line):

a) they have started doing it because they are due an inspection
b) had inspection and was told they have to
c) soak up all the things they think they shouldn't have to or don't want to and start doing them and then proudly 'own' them like they thought it of it first.

:laughing:

oooh and get this - one of our KIT's (know it alls) - she doesn't allow children (hers or minded) to blow out candles on a cake unless its covered with clingfilm first.:laughing:

Pudding Girl
13-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Wouldn't it melt??

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 09:25 PM
:laughing: :laughing:
Tell her it's very unkind to wrap a child in clingfilm :laughing:

Pipsqueak
13-10-2009, 09:26 PM

I find bubblewrap much better - keeps them free from bruising:laughing:

breezy
13-10-2009, 09:27 PM

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I just can not resist winding up people like this :blush:

It's a weakness of mine , I'd have to 'misunderstand' or contradict everything :littleangel:

PixiePetal
13-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Maybe she should stick her candles somewhere else!

By the time kids have drooled all over other party food, licked the icing or eaten smarties off the fairy cakes and put them back on the plate when you haven't noticed, the cake should be relatively hygeinic :D

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe she should stick her candles somewhere else!

By the time kids have drooled all over other party food, licked the icing or eaten smarties off the fairy cakes and put them back on the plate when you haven't noticed, the cake should be relatively hygeinic :D

Sounds like she has enough hot air to do the job too :clapping:

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 06:27 AM
In our area it's compulsary to have at least one know it all on each course as well as a " well thats what i thought" and a " I'm not doing that, no way, ofsted can stuff that" !

Great fun!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Pip, we had one of these know it all types on our uni course. funnily enough she was one of the ones who dropped out! Probably because she found out she didn't know it all after all....

hope today's better honey

Roseolivia
14-10-2009, 07:17 AM
I know how you feel, i think it gets harder as you get older to put up with f***wits:angry:. I don't have much tolerance for people. At my Maths class it's a range of ages from 17-50+. Well the 17yr olds do nothing but chat while the teacher is talking or while we're trying to work out answers. Well i just want to scream 'f****** shut up' but no i sit there quietly fuming.:angry: Sorry for the swearing but i get really annoyed.

kindredspirits
14-10-2009, 07:44 AM
ugh i HATE people like that :angry: but just tell yourself that they are really insecure because they need people to know that they may have done/understand things -rather than just allowing people to assume that unless you pipe up you do understand. :thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
14-10-2009, 04:05 PM
The older I get the more tolerance I lose for annoying people like that!

But..you can't escape them-they are everywhere lol

x:eek:

Pipsqueak
14-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Last evening then the FA is renewed!!:clapping:

One more evening with the KITs

gegele
14-10-2009, 06:09 PM
breathe in breathe out then tell them to give their bottom a rest and stop talking!!!

nannymcflea
14-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Theres one on the Peterborough network...she doesn't know it but lots take the mick and she gets called Elvis.....:laughing:

Bitsy Beans
14-10-2009, 06:17 PM
When I did my first aid (spread over X numbers of nights per month) there were two work colleagues from the same nursery and every time the instructor was discussing some life threatening situation they'd start a personal conversation between themselves about a similar situation at work. Cue the instructor stopping and asking them about it and going completely off track. Like we were all there for the fun of it?! I just wanted to learn my stuff and go home and yet lessons were forever taken off tangent :angry: