PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party ideas anyone??

LeanneC
13-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi all

Ok, Ive decided to throw a halloween party just the usual hours for the children and maybe the childminder over the rd's children too for after school.
I need ideas for games etc

I already have apple bobbing and and alternative on pass the parcel "pass the spooky pumpkin" but unfortunatley that's it. I really need help the age ranges from 9 mths -7yrs

Already seen stuff to do for the run upto halloween like choco apple making and paper chain making and other decs

All ideas welcomed.

miffy
13-10-2009, 08:48 PM
We play Halloween Bingo with cards from here

http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/index.htm

Miffy xx

fionamal
13-10-2009, 08:52 PM
We do a lucky dip type game :- fill a bicket with cold tinned spaghetti and hide stuff in it like rubber spiders etc and let the kids find them, its messy but great fun.

Also have bits of apple on a plate which is covered in icing sugar and they have to pick up the bits of apple with their teeth/mouth.

Pick out the marshmallows from the rice crispies again with their mouth.

Amaranth
13-10-2009, 09:04 PM
My mindees love to play 'wrap the mummy'!
I go to the supermarket and buy a big pack of value range toilet rolls (cheapest possible ones!) then split kids into two teams. They then have a set amount of time to wrap up one team member as a mummy . They love breaking out of the 'bandages' afterwards and spend ages playing with them and throwing them around. Quite messy as loo roll goes everywhere but kids love it :clapping:

It's a small world
13-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Loads of ideas on here . You're bound to find something useful

http://www.partygameideas.com/halloween-games/games-list.php

Hope this helps?

Amaranth
13-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Ooh, just remembered...
We also do variations on the usual party games, so instead of sleeping lions, we play sleeping witches/ wizzards or ghosts.
We also do musical mummies instead of musical statues.

Pudding Girl
13-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Going to nick the mummy idea I think!

Birthdays have a sale on at the mo and I bought 5 packs of fake sipder webbing stuff for 19p each down from 99p each, going to put that al in the tuffspot and hide bugs/bats/spiders in there.

I have got a bucket of rubber spiders in diff colours to do sorting games with.

Making bat biscuits.

Going to do apple bobbing too and dance/freeze to the monster cd I got in Asda.

avril
14-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Cut out ghost shapes and hide them, the children then have to go on a ghost hunt!! I did it outside in the dark last year all the children had great fun with torches of course!!;)

PixiePetal
14-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Cut out ghost shapes and hide them, the children then have to go on a ghost hunt!! I did it outside in the dark last year all the children had great fun with torches of course!!;)

I am doing that with my kids and their friends (DS will be having his 13th birthday party on halloween) No street lights about here in the country so hope it will be really dark!

LeanneC
14-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks ladies for all your ideas :clapping:

Lots there to chose from but keep them coming.

XX :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
15-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I also hang apples from a washing line (smallish) and the children take turns with there arms behind their back to see how much apple they can eat in a few minutes.:thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-10-2009, 08:53 PM
hang bagels ( or ring dougnuts !!! ) from lengths of string and let the children try and take bites out of them without using their hands! sometimes do this blindfold for older children! (nb, once someone has had a bite, they get the rest of the bagel/doughnut!) sometimes timed to see how much they can eat.

halloween colouring/sticking/gluing pictures etc

i got some glow in the dark playdough one year !!! we made ghosts and stuff!

draw scary faces on satsumas with permanent marker (they look like mini pumpkins) and do a 'treasure' hunt ( these also make good, healthy 'treats' for trick or treaters LOL !!!)

let them loose with face paint.

have fun!