PDA

View Full Version : hallowen party help, please (numbers allowed?)

lissy
13-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I was just arranging a halloween party for my mindees and a thought suddenly crossed my mind that i now have more children on my books that i am not sure if i could have them all here at the same time on my own?? Do the rules still apply when its for a party ?

I am registered for 4 under 8s at any one time and if they all came to the party i would have

1 - 8 mth old
1 - 2 yr old (dont think she will come though as mum doesnt drive)
1 - 3 yr old
2 - 5 yr old
2 - 7 yr olds

plus my own 2 (5 and 7)

can anyone tell me before i go and send invites out and stick my foot in it!!
This time last year i only had 2 children on my books so it wasnt a problem then :)

FizzysFriends
13-10-2009, 07:22 PM
You would be over your numbers but the easiest way around it is to ask the parents to stay, well some of them anyway.

aly
13-10-2009, 07:49 PM
is this in or out of your working hours? woudl you be getting paid and how long will the party be?

lissy
13-10-2009, 07:54 PM
i can either do it in the morning whilst working (i would have the 3yr old and a 7 yr old) or do it in the afternoon after i have finished work. Party will be for an hour maybe hour and a half.

Angela234
13-10-2009, 10:00 PM
My christmas party i'm always over my numbers i have it at the end of the day don't charge for this time have my daughter to help and make clear to parents that i'm not working explaining to then i'm not insured during this time.

Parents have always been happy with this but if they were not their child wouldn't be able to come.

The Juggler
14-10-2009, 06:24 AM
you could ask the parents to stay if it's outside working hours, couldn't you?

specks4
14-10-2009, 09:30 AM
i think if outside working hours and not being paid its ok, as would just be a normal childrens parrty.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-10-2009, 11:48 AM
You are only over by 1. Can you not close early and then the children are at yours for the party and the parents can collect when they are ready.