PDA

View Full Version : mindee with chest infection

sweets
13-10-2009, 05:07 PM
one of my parents text me last night and said LO was ill with a cough and cold and wouldnt be coming to mine today. she said she was taking him to the docs today. I was just going to text her regarding wether or not he was better and if he is coming tommorrow.
But i just had a thought, what if she tells me he has a chest inf and is on antibiotics, can he still come to mine or does he have to stay away?
Not sure what the official advice is!

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2009, 05:08 PM
He can come if he is well enough for you to carry on your day to day activities otherwise you are penalising the other mindees.

Mum will need to sign all the medication papers before you can administer.

sweets
13-10-2009, 05:10 PM
would he not be contagious though?

sarah707
13-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Hmmm, he's probably been at his most contagious before the symptoms showed properly.

I tend to work like Debbie - once they are on the medication and starting to improve (able to join in) I let them come back.

hth :D

TheBTeam
13-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Same here, some mums just need a reminder that you will not be able to constantly sit comforting them so within reason they need to be able to cope as you will have other children to care for as well.

sweets
13-10-2009, 05:39 PM
thanks everyone i have texted her and she has just replied and said that doc examined him and said it was a virus (they always say that!) lol.

She went on to say that she wouldnt be sending him tommorrow as she doesnt want the other children to catch anything. what a nice mum!

he has improved a bit which is great but part of me is pleased (isnt that awful!:blush: ) that hes not coming as i can take the older 2 to the zoo . dont think i would attempt it with him along, he has additional needs anyway and needs feeding at certain times so we would struggle going out for the whole day.

Daftbat
13-10-2009, 06:00 PM
One of my lo's has just recovered from a chest infection. She had the antibiotics and i carried on looking after her - she was quite cheerful considering - I had a chest infection in February and felt like the living dead:eek:

miffy
13-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I work the same as Debbie and Sarah but it's always nice if parents keep their lo's at home when they're not 100% - sometimes it's hard when they seem OK first thing but you know by afternoon they'll be flagging.

Enjoy your trip to the zoo, Sweets

Miffy xx

nikim
13-10-2009, 08:23 PM
i'm the same as debbie and sarah ,but i always say if they are on antibiotics i wont have them if its the first time they've been prescribed for 24 hrs in case of an allergic reaction , not sure if its the right thing to do but the parents dont have a prob with it , it also gives them time to start working so they start to feel better,

avril
14-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep, the same. I've got one here today with a chest infection, playing fine and I just need to give her a dose of medicine.

MissTinkerbell
14-10-2009, 06:13 PM
i'm the same as debbie and sarah ,but i always say if they are on antibiotics i wont have them if its the first time they've been prescribed for 24 hrs in case of an allergic reaction , not sure if its the right thing to do but the parents dont have a prob with it , it also gives them time to start working so they start to feel better,

I do this also as I don't want the responsibility of what could potentially be a very serious possibly even fatal situation - my hubby nearly died from a reaction to pencillin when he was small and we're not sure whether our own girls are allergic. When DS had pencillin I watched him like a hawk for the first 24 hours and I wouldn't wish that responsibily on anyone else.