PDA

View Full Version : childminder pen pal for the children.

zoex
13-10-2009, 02:43 PM
i was thinking about writting letters with my older children and thought it would be nice to send them somewhere. lol.
would anyone know of a website or information i could get so my children can have a pen friend? or would anyone on here have 5 year olds + who would like a pen friend too?
my son would also love to write letters to someone 2, his only just 3 but his clever and can write simple words with help of spellings.
thanks for any info
:)

singlewiththree
13-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I have an 8,4 and 3 year old girls of my own and I'm sure the 8 and 4 year old would love to write letters to yours. I will PM you will my address and their names.

zoex
13-10-2009, 03:10 PM
ah thats fantastic thank you so much :) :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
13-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I have a 10 yr old, 9 yr old 7 yr old and 5 yr old who would love to do this too

X

zoex
13-10-2009, 03:47 PM
fantastic :-)
if you send me your childrens names ages and address ill get them writting.

thank you for this :)

It's a small world
13-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I think that's a lovely idea. Do you remember the magazine Jackie? Well when I was younger I used to get it and they had a section for penpals I wrote to a girl and she had so many people write to her she matched people off with one an other. I got a lovely girl. We went through our GCSE's together , boyfriends, friends and problems. 20years later we are still writing to one another :eek: (Just worked that one out )and have been through so much ...driving tests...marriage (she got married in Jamacia where I had my honeymoon (same year- infact we left 3 days before she got married and sadly didnt get chance to meet up) Both have children and went through pregnancys together. Moving house etc. We only get to write when we send birthday pressies (to each child and a small £10 voucher to each other ) and xmas pressies to all children. But we still keep in touch even though its only every 4-6 months...and the weirdest thing is 'WE HAVE NEVER MET':eek: despite both living in England.She lives in Hull I live in Northamptonshire.

zoex
13-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I think that's a lovely idea. Do you remember the magazine Jackie? Well when I was younger I used to get it and they had a section for penpals I wrote to a girl and she had so many people write to her she matched people off with one an other. I got a lovely girl. We went through our GCSE's together , boyfriends, friends and problems. 20years later we are still writing to one another :eek: (Just worked that one out )and have been through so much ...driving tests...marriage (she got married in Jamacia where I had my honeymoon (same year- infact we left 3 days before she got married and sadly didnt get chance to meet up) Both have children and went through pregnancys together. Moving house etc. We only get to write when we send birthday pressies (to each child and a small £10 voucher to each other ) and xmas pressies to all children. But we still keep in touch even though its only every 4-6 months...and the weirdest thing is 'WE HAVE NEVER MET':eek: despite both living in England.She lives in Hull I live in Northamptonshire.

ahh that is really fantastic. i used to have a 'pen pal' when i was younger but sadly we lost touch after a few years. :(

i just think it'll be nice for all the children to write to each other and share what they get up to etc :)

wendywu
13-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I have two 7 year old children who would love to have a pen pal. Also a 4 year and 3 year old as well. Can we arrange it as they are very excited now :clapping:

zoex
13-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I have two 7 year old children who would love to have a pen pal. Also a 4 year and 3 year old as well. Can we arrange it as they are very excited now :clapping:

mine are 2 :clapping: :clapping:

ok so how we gonna do this??? :)

LisaMcNally09
13-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I think this would be a great idea. My 6 year old ds would love to join in!

How about someone takes all the names of the ladies/men with children wanting a penpal and then draws them out of a hat to match them up. If someone has 3 kids wanting to join in then their name gets put in three times! IYSWIM.

Then they post who is matched with who and everyone can pm each other to get addresses?????

zoex
13-10-2009, 07:58 PM
I think this would be a great idea. My 6 year old ds would love to join in!

How about someone takes all the names of the ladies/men with children wanting a penpal and then draws them out of a hat to match them up. If someone has 3 kids wanting to join in then their name gets put in three times! IYSWIM.

Then they post who is matched with who and everyone can pm each other to get addresses?????

sounds fantastic :clapping: was hoping someone would come up with an idea how to do it, im a bit rubbish in taking charge :blush: :blush:
yippeeee im so excited. my children cant wait. :) :clapping: :laughing: :jump for joy:

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 08:12 PM
This is a fantastic Idea! I have 5 children aged between 4 and 9. aLL Girls. They would love to take part and are very excited about it!!
Is a great idea to learn about other children's interests etc ...

PM me what you want me to do, Ie who to send address to. Obviouslly will use our address lol

Excited now ! :D

nannymcflea
13-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Both my own girls,6 and 10 would love to write to others the sameish age.We could send postcards too and put flags up on a map to show where everyone lives.:)

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Both my own girls,6 and 10 would love to write to others the sameish age.We could send postcards too and put flags up on a map to show where everyone lives.:)

Oooh yes!! Maybe we could match up the children to others with the same interests !!!

We could have details of the following ...

Favourite Book
Interests & Hobbies
Pets ?

I am so excited ! They are going to love this!!

Who is volunteering to put themselves forward to organise this ? :blush:

nannymcflea
13-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Oooh yes!! Maybe we could match up the children to others with the same interests !!!

We could have details of the following ...

Favourite Book
Interests & Hobbies
Pets ?

I am so excited ! They are going to love this!!

Who is volunteering to put themselves forward to organise this ? :blush:

I am not working atm(though still have last years tax to do!:laughing: ) So as long as it's not too complicated and (I promise to do my best) theres a cut off date(start work after half term and have family here over half term)I will do this first batch...unless theres any other takers,then i'm easy!:D

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 08:36 PM
If no one else wants to organise it I will :)

Its not like I have an inspection to worry about now :) lmao :laughing:

zoex
13-10-2009, 08:43 PM
i feel like i should say ill do it but i am not to good when it comes to organising stuff like this. i have wrote down names of everyone and so far there is 7 childminders and 21 children between 3 and 10 :) :clapping: not bad for a little idea a!?!

so im happy for anyone to take charge and help out where i can :)
think its a good idea that each child has their own pen pal? just thinking or diff familys in each setting etc etc. what do u guys think?

daisyboo1980
13-10-2009, 08:47 PM
hi
havent asked my mindees yet but im sure i'll have 3 maybe 4 children 4,5,8,9, that would love to i'll aske tomorrow though
its a fantastic idea

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Lmao ... Well what about we have ideas for things to include in the children info ?
These were some ideas ... What do you think ?

Child’s Name
Sex
Home Town
Interests
Favourite Books/Author
Favourite Singer
Pets
Favourite Subject

Then we can match children to others with similar interests ???

Any more ideas?

zoex
13-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Lmao ... Well what about we have ideas for things to include in the children info ?
These were some ideas ... What do you think ?

Child’s Name
Sex
Home Town
Interests
Favourite Books/Author
Favourite Singer
Pets
Favourite Subject

Then we can match children to others with similar interests ???

Any more ideas?

sounds great :)

so are you going to take charge?? do you want people to pm you details of the above and addresses and then we wait and see who gets who?

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 08:59 PM
sounds great :)

so are you going to take charge?? do you want people to pm you details of the above and addresses and then we wait and see who gets who?

I can do :) Probably better to start a new thread ? With all the people who want to join?

I can keep track of it then :)

LisaMcNally09
13-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Maybe its a good idea to match children with different interests??? Open them up to new hobbies...things to ask each other....increase their self esteem by talking about their hobbies etc...

Just an idea????

Oh and i have my dd too who wants to join in aswell as my ds...she is 3!!

zoex
13-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I can do :) Probably better to start a new thread ? With all the people who want to join?

I can keep track of it then :)

thats up to you:) like the other person said, i think a closing date is a good idea, say foe eg this friday for the first lot and then we can all get going, then let who ever wants to join in start a new group and do it themselves after that. :)

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 09:08 PM
thats up to you:) like the other person said, i think a closing date is a good idea, say foe eg this friday for the first lot and then we can all get going, then let who ever wants to join in start a new group and do it themselves after that. :)

I didnt think of that! Excellent idea! Also a ggreat idea to match people with different interests.

Okay, I will get a thread started for it !!

So exciting!! :laughing:

sweets
13-10-2009, 09:21 PM
you do realise that all these minded children that are writing to each other might have a good moan to each other about their chilminders and compare notes! lol.

It could be like a minded children forum!:laughing:

suez
13-10-2009, 09:23 PM
i'd be interested too
son aged 3
2daughters aged 11 and 12 nearly 13 x

Chanelle
13-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Okay, Anyone interested in taking part PM me your details from the other thread.

I put it in Activity Ideas :)

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=550081#post550081

cherry pink
14-10-2009, 10:25 AM
ooh add me mine are 8 (nearly 9 as we keep being informed lol) 2.5 years and 23 months think they will only manage pictures tho instead of writing and if anyone has any older ones my dd is a young 15 year old.:D

just a thought do we have to get parental permission for this?

LOOPYLISA
14-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Im not minding but im sure my 12 yr old (nearly) would love this :thumbsup:

Chanelle
14-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Add your details via the other thread as I need certain details etc like addresses ...the link is above :)

Thanks ladies :)

Chanelle
14-10-2009, 04:00 PM
ooh add me mine are 8 (nearly 9 as we keep being informed lol) 2.5 years and 23 months think they will only manage pictures tho instead of writing and if anyone has any older ones my dd is a young 15 year old.:D

just a thought do we have to get parental permission for this?

We will need to get permission to do this as we wqill be writing to strangers. I started a permission letter yesterday but not finished it,I will add it to here once it is done. :)

cherry pink
14-10-2009, 09:01 PM
thanx chanelle your a lickle star :littleangel:

Chanelle
14-10-2009, 10:46 PM
thanx chanelle your a lickle star :littleangel:

:D Thank you !! Will hopefully be finished tomorrow :)
will post it once it is done :) xx

Spangles
15-10-2009, 07:48 AM
If you live near the sea you could always try doing the old message in a bottle thing!

I did this when I was little and I got two pen friends from Holland who found my bottles and we wrote to each other for a couple of years sending postcards, photos, stamps, etc.

I thought it was really exciting.

angeldelight
15-10-2009, 08:00 AM
If you live near the sea you could always try doing the old message in a bottle thing!

I did this when I was little and I got two pen friends from Holland who found my bottles and we wrote to each other for a couple of years sending postcards, photos, stamps, etc.

I thought it was really exciting.

I try this when ever we go to the seaside

Never had anything back though :laughing: :laughing:

Thats good how someone found yours Lorri how interesting

Angel xx

specks4
15-10-2009, 09:20 AM
sounds like a good idea message in bottle, but would be worried who got it

OrlandoBelle
15-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I had many pen pals that I met through Kerrang magazine when I was about 14 (back in my Goth days!). The most prominent one, who I still keep in touch with is Kris. He is now a woman! It has been strange knowing him back in those days as Kris and now seeing "her" as Kristen who she is now known as. We still keep in touch on Facebook and she makes fabulous outfits for her drag acts, etc. She looks more womanly than me, legs that go on forever and long blonde hair (me jealous??) LOL!!!

Anyways... I have my own 9 year old son who I am sure would love a pen pal. If anyone is interested, please PM me.:)

He loves Pokemon, Go-Gos, starwars, lego, Club penguin, Beast Quest books.

Chanelle
15-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I had many pen pals that I met through Kerrang magazine when I was about 14 (back in my Goth days!). The most prominent one, who I still keep in touch with is Kris. He is now a woman! It has been strange knowing him back in those days as Kris and now seeing "her" as Kristen who she is now known as. We still keep in touch on Facebook and she makes fabulous outfits for her drag acts, etc. She looks more womanly than me, legs that go on forever and long blonde hair (me jealous??) LOL!!!

Anyways... I have my own 9 year old son who I am sure would love a pen pal. If anyone is interested, please PM me.:)

He loves Pokemon, Go-Gos, starwars, lego, Club penguin, Beast Quest books.

PM me all Olivers details Aimiee and I will add him to our list : ...see the other post in Activitiy Ideas for the questions :)

Chanelle
20-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay!!!! All done!!

We have had 18 Childminders reply and this includes 65 kiddies!

I just have to pair everyone up and I am sorted to send you all who you have

Should get your e-mail by tomorrow night.

Anyone else interested I will need your details as set out at the top of the forum by Tomorrow 12pm at latest as Pairing once I finish work at 1.30pm

Off to bed now to get some sleep

Could settle last, had hundreds of childrens names going round my head! lol

Chanelle
21-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Okay almost done, just have to jiggle a few around as got an extra few children to add, I forgot to check the Forum PM hehe :)

Will e-mail you all later :jump for joy:

Chanelle
21-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Attention COWBOY !!!!!!!

You have no space in your inbox !!!!

Can you clear it for me so I can send you your details :)

Cheers hunny :)

Chanelle
22-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Hello all!! :D

I have now sorted out everyone's Pen Pals, I have sent them all out to your inboxes!!

I hope everyone is happy with who they got! :)
Please say you are as it has been really brain ticking to sort it lamo

Happy writing and Whoever has my children and mindees, You will hopefully get yours next week, as they have been busy writing away as I dont have them again until after the holidays :)

Happy Writing !! :laughing: