PDA

View Full Version : stupid direct gov childcarefinder site

nikkia77
13-10-2009, 02:22 PM
been trying all day to get on there to find the phone number to ring them to change my details as they're all wrong & it keeps saying there's a problem,
you'd think they would have got the new site up & running before closing the old one :angry: :angry:

sunnysmile
13-10-2009, 02:27 PM
nope that would be too organised :laughing:

Angela234
13-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Ours are the same most times i can't evan get the page just says no results

Twice i got on but they have everyone done as having no vacancies which isn't the case i did phone up a number but was told they don't do updates and theres a link on the page I CAN'T SEE ONE :eek:
(when i can get on)

sarah707
13-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I am 1 km away from my own postcode on the 2nd page!

I can't find my partner who also works with me.

If it wasn't so serious it would be a joke :(

Mouse
13-10-2009, 05:34 PM
After they posted my full address on there I asked to be removed until they had sorted it out properly.

The person I spoke to at our FIS told me that the search facility is a joke! That could be why 3 other childminders came up before me when I searched my postcode!

wellybelly
13-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Didnt know it was up and running yet, whats the website address? k x

PixiePetal
13-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Didnt know it was up and running yet, whats the website address? k x

I wouldn't bother.

I apparently live 4km from my own postcode and have no vacancies anyway :angry:

Besides, I moved 2 months ago so it's out of date anyway :rolleyes:

netty
13-10-2009, 06:46 PM
In our area everyone as no vancancies this includes nurseries For school runs it just uses a code the schools you pick up from are not listed and as for the days you work there week starts on a friday and then the other days are all jumbled up Have spoken to FIS they are trying to reslove these problems but it is like this national.

LisaMcNally09
14-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I have spoken to my FIS about this.

Apparently all the info is being fed from Ofsted. She told me she didnt understand this as Ofsted dont collate information about vacancies etc.

She said FIS couldnt update anything and i just have to get anybody asking about childcare to ring the FIS direct.

Nothing they can do until the new website is ready basically????

Kelly
14-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I was speaking to a friend 'in the know' about this and it is because most authorities have gone with a new computer programme, this programme has to communicate with 2 other programmes, one of those is Ofsted. The other two cannot communicate for some reason and so the information is being jumbled up. Does this make sense? well unfortunately the Ofsted site doesn't hold enough 'good info' such as your vacancies and experience, to be of any real use.

It is supposed to be resolved by the end of the month, but my source says it is very unlikely!!!!