PDA

View Full Version : question about childcare.co.uk

nikkia77
13-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I keep getting emails saying that people have viewed my profile but as I haven't paid anything I can't contact anyone, my question is, if I pay will parents be able to see my phone number or do both parties have to have paid to be able contact each other

I don't really want to pay at all to be honest but especially if parents still can't contact me :confused:

aly
13-10-2009, 01:56 PM
you dont have to have it on show...i think there is an option to change that.

nikkia77
13-10-2009, 02:12 PM
no, i want them to see my number but they can't because I haven't paid, so i'm getting all these emails saying so & so looked at your profile but there's no way of them contacting me because I haven't paid but I don't want to pay if both parties have to pay to contact each other

That doesn't really make sence, hope someone understands it lol x

caroljayne
13-10-2009, 02:52 PM
If you pay you can view their contact details and are then able to send them an e-mail or website link if you have one. They can't see your details unless they have also paid.
I'm sure that's how it works :)

aly
13-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh right sorry didnt read properly :blush:

Not sure tbh...

Minstrel
13-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Basically you can put on your details and only those who have paid (parents or carers) can view your details and send a private message.

I usually find those who have had a look but have messaged you havent paid and so cant send a msg. They are probably are showing you their interest and hoping you will contact them instead.

I have used the voucher from the forum and personally have found it worthwhile for the interest i have had from it.

aly
13-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Basically you can put on your details and only those who have paid (parents or carers) can view your details and send a private message.

I usually find those who have had a look but have messaged you havent paid and so cant send a msg. They are probably are showing you their interest and hoping you will contact them instead.

I have used the voucher from the forum and personally have found it worthwhile for the interest i have had from it.
:thumbsup: me too...hopefully I am gaining a full timer from a message yesterday.

x

FizzysFriends
13-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I have got business from it, but find most of the people that look at my profile are other childminders.

Tam's Tribe
13-10-2009, 06:13 PM

I agree . . . I paid and within a week had signed an under 5 . . . and if you use the discount kindly offered to the forum, it is £6ish for 3 months, well worth it!

mumx3
13-10-2009, 06:39 PM
wish I knew about the discount last week!

I just paid £12.99 but I have signed up a child last week and I have another one who is bringing dad back to see me next week which I am pretty sure are going to sign.

I also have had one more enquiry today which is looking good. So if I get 3 new mindees for my £12.99 I will be most happy indeed.:clapping:

Minstrel
13-10-2009, 06:43 PM
wish I knew about the discount last week!

I just paid £12.99 but I have signed up a child last week and I have another one who is bringing dad back to see me next week which I am pretty sure are going to sign.

I also have had one more enquiry today which is looking good. So if I get 3 new mindees for my £12.99 I will be most happy indeed.:clapping:

Excellent news - and you can put the cost through your books! :thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
14-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Ooh, i didn't know about the discount-will def be doing that once registered!

x

Louise_Oaktree
15-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I thought it was just childcarers that had to pay to send parent a message? i.e. parent can message who they wish for free, and we can receive messages for free, but we can't be proactive and look for business by messaging parents in our area?

I too have found it more than worthwhile, and all my enquiries this month have come from here (about 1 per week) especially at the childcare link site has been abolished :angry:

It is worth having a link to your website on here too I have found.

singingcactus
16-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Wow, really glad of this post! I have been getting loads of messages from the website saying someone has viewed my profile. I just thought that it was the website itself creating accounts to generate business. I have just been on and paid for membership now and I could have filled my one spot months ago looking at all the people who have been interested. GRRRR. My last spot is now filled anyway - but there is someone looking for one day a week who I might get in touch with to fill a gap.

Richard
16-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm really pleased that you are all finding childcare.co.uk useful.

Most Childminders are finding that they are getting an excellent return on their subscription fees and are managing to fill spare vacancies as a direct result of the site.

Of course we would never create 'false' accounts to "generate business".

childcare.co.uk has been genuinely designed to help both parents and childcare providers. We have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds in developing the website and it is really good see it becoming more and more popular and useful.

The support from registered Childminders is much appreciated.

Thanks again

Richard
childcare.co.uk

johnnydepp1
16-10-2009, 12:25 PM
i am looking to pay the 6 pound ish for work, but how do you get this voucher that everyone has used :)

singingcactus
16-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm really pleased that you are all finding childcare.co.uk useful.

Of course we would never create 'false' accounts to "generate business".

childcare.co.uk has been genuinely designed to help both parents and childcare providers. We have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds in developing the website and it is really good see it becoming more and more popular and useful.

Thanks again

Richard
childcare.co.uk

Hey, no offence meant :D I have experienced dodgy sites before and was letting people know that I am finding yours to be very good and genuine.

Hanabana
16-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I am on here and paid the discounted subscription but was just wondering on average how many people you have contacted or been contacted by in your area? I have had 2 enquiries from here and messaged another 6. does this sound about right or less?

Louise_Oaktree
18-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I am on here and paid the discounted subscription but was just wondering on average how many people you have contacted or been contacted by in your area? I have had 2 enquiries from here and messaged another 6. does this sound about right or less?

I am getting around 1 a week but have edited my details to state which 2 days I currently have available as I was getting enquiries for days that I could not do. I have even got a babysitting job from it :D

I currently have 1 space Thurs and Fri and have my 3rd set of parents coming tomorrow, the 1st came last Monday and decided on nursery and the 2nd came the same day but not decided yet. I feel great about it as I didn't really 'want' to be completely full but I will have to drop after school kids next year when my son starts a different school so money will come in handy.

ManicMum
19-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi

can you tell me what the discount code is? Or how i get the discount.

Thanks

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Check out the members only section :thumbsup: