PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Stuck now, now that I am Pregnant.

bex8282
13-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Probably the Hormones going all every where, But really I do feel like I am stuck, Just thinking I have only Just become Registered as of August, but now feel as thou I need an assistant plus Partner to become registered also......

Has anyone got any advice as I would be very grateful Thank you.
And also Where would I look to get an assistant??

Thanks again for anyone who can pls give me advice on this as I don`t want to quit Childminding as I am really enjoying it.

Mrs.L.C
13-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Your partner could be your assistant?

I guess if you were looking for someone else you would ahve to ask people you know if they know anyone and maybe put an ad in the jobcenter

Congrats on the pregnancy

bex8282
13-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank You Laura :) , I was thinking of having an assistant to start with but now i`m thinking if something happened to the assistant i.e sick or something else, Then I would be stuck again and letting parents down.

But on the other hand my partner would have to give his job up to be at Home for at least a year to 18 months.....

FussyElmo
13-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Are you earning enough to support both you and your partner? Could you afford to pay an assistant? Ofsted wont automatically give you more spaces because you have an assistant.

Congrats on the pregnancy :)

gemhei
20-10-2009, 07:20 PM
First of all can i ask why you feel you need an assistant? Is it for more money or just an extra pair of hands? Im 12 weeks pregnant and ive managed fairly well so far but like you i worried what if i couldnt cope and how would my parents feel if i had to go to anti natal aps etc. Im not getting an assistant because i cant afford one so im carrying on and my parents are ok with this as like i explained everyone has a right to go to anti - natal appointments!

carebear25
22-10-2009, 03:32 PM
:) :) Im gonna use my mum as my assistant, then she can spend time with grandchildren but also help me.

As I had an emergency c-section with ds the thought of having another c-section worries me an 2 how much time i can have off.

My mum has said she doesnt want payin an wil not take any money off me

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2009, 04:42 PM
As long as you are on the premises your assistant could help whilst you relax so not losing any mindees if you have the c section - if you feel well enough that is.

carebear25
22-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Goin 2 get her 1st aid trained an then she can do school pick up 4 me...

Am aiming to only have 4 to 6 wks off but i do want to BF again which i know is gonna b hard but want to give it ago.

I know I definately wont lose 1 mindee who I have 3 days, but Im worried another childminder wont want to do temporary cover.

:panic: