PDA

View Full Version : strange, what have you been asked to do before!!!!!

jaja
13-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Having issues with a mum at the mo and this morning

she arrived and said, "areyou going into the doctors today? or passed it?
i said "no, why"
she said, "doesnt matter i wanted you to collect my tablets from there, i dont get a chance to collect them!"
i said sorry!"!!!!!!

Why do parents expect everything , have to laugh though xxxx

Lady Haha
13-10-2009, 09:14 AM
No, never had a parent that cheeky!!

BUT! I am!!! One of my parents is a good friend and on several occasions I've texted her to ask if she can get me some milk on her way here to collect her daughter!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, she wouldn't be able to stop for a cuppa tea and chat without the milk would she!:blush:

Pudding Girl
13-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Picking up kids prescription
Getting mindees feet measured
Picking up the new ordered shoes
Taking them to the hairdressers
Taking them to birthday parties

suzyblue
13-10-2009, 09:38 AM
A friend of mine has had to collect dry cleaning, do food shopping, buy birthday presents...........

Mouse
13-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I once had a dad phone me to say he was going to be late collecting his son & would I let his wife know they'd be late to pick her up from work!

He did explain that he only had enough credit left for one phone call & that he thought he'd better let me know first that he was running late! I felt a bit like a secretary passing the message on :laughing:

I've also returned library books, bought pet food & bought a newspaper when mum wanted a voucher out of it. But that's only been when parents know I'll be going to those places anyway.

solly
13-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I have been asked this morning if i would mind picking up tins of prescription milk from the chemist for mindee. I have agreed to it as i pass the chemist to take her other child to preschool.

Ripeberry
13-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Would be OK as a one off or occasional..but I would draw the line at "Could you do my weekly shopping for me?" :eek:

jaja
13-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Would be OK as a one off or occasional..but I would draw the line at "Could you do my weekly shopping for me?" :eek:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: do you want to my shopping lol lol

Roseolivia
13-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I think i must be lucky. None of my parents have ever asked me to do things like that.

CherryBlossom
13-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Ha ha i would def have to say no to collecting parents prescription-I wouldn't mind and probably for some reason feel obliged..but I would be worried once I said yes to one thing, there would always be more and more!

It is a bit different if it is prescription for the child, so probably wouldn't mind that

x

sweets
13-10-2009, 11:48 AM
i wouldnt mind doing little odd jobs if convenient, and i was passing a particular shop or doctors to pick something up.

i met one morn half way between our houses in tesco car park, when i told mum we were going in she asked me to pick up a pizza for the LO dads tea as they both had busy days! i didnt mind at all as it was a one off and i was going into the store anyway. It was funny later tho when LO dad came to collect him and i said oh heres your pizza for your tea! he hadnt spoken to his wife all day and was gobsmacked that she had asked as he thought it was really cheeky!

We all had a good laugh about the day after, and he said i had made a good choice of pizza for him! lol

daisyboo1980
13-10-2009, 11:53 AM
when i was a nanny i did it all and i still look after the girl i was a nanny for, i have had to remind mum that im not their nanny anymore and cant do as much as i think she forgot lol but i still do a little only for them and my sis i look after niece and nephew but my sis take advantage some times never work with family lol

TheBTeam
13-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I did pick up a prescription and get it dispensed once for a mum, she had forgotten early closing at the docs and so i picked it up, just round the corner from my house and as chemist is over the road I got it dispensed for her, but then she never took the mickey so I didn't mind, and when her daughter left to go to senior school she paid me for the whole of the summer holidays and i didn't have to work them, she said that was because i never went sick, never messed her around and she was really grateful!

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I have mentioned on here before , I once had a mum hand me a packet of cake mix and ask me to make her DH's Birthday cake :eek:

I didn't .

carol cameron
13-10-2009, 12:06 PM
That's amazing Twinkle-why didn't she just buy a cake? I have done all sorts of extras, Taken children to doctors and dentists and even going to the shops to buy school uniform! I must have mug tattooed somewhere................:laughing: :laughing:

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 12:31 PM
That's amazing Twinkle-why didn't she just buy a cake?

Wouldn't be 'homemade' then would it :rolleyes:

aly
13-10-2009, 12:46 PM
I think i must be lucky. None of my parents have ever asked me to do things like that.

me either :thumbsup: