PDA

View Full Version : grr smoking outside of school

Helen79
13-10-2009, 08:38 AM
sorry for the moan :angry: , just got home from the school run & ds' hair stinks of smoke from parents standing next to his pushchair smoking at the school gates.

I can't move the pushchair away as there's no other space for it but there's plenty of room for her to step a few feet a way rather than smoking right over him, or better still wait for 5 mins until she's walking home.

Luckily mindee was fast asleep with the pushchair hood up so doesn't smell but poor ds reeks of it :angry:

nikim
13-10-2009, 09:03 AM
speak to the school they have a duty to protect your children from this, our school is a non smoking site so this includes the pavement out side the gates , our school is on the same site as the lesuire centre and has a public car park and foot path running through it , they had a big thing a couple of years ago where parents dropping of children in cars were smoking , and they got people to stop them and ask politley if they could wait till they were of the site ,sent letters home etc, and it seemed to work , now there are signs at all the access points (footpaths etc) telling people that they are entering a no smoke zone and to extinguish there cigarettes before going any further and it works :clapping:

aly
13-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I cant stand it...youwalk pass people smoking outsideour school. :panic:

I did a bootsale last week and people were coming over and smoking...I had baby clothes I was TRYING to sell...!!

Dont get me wrong I am an ex-smoker but think its wrong to breathe over everyone whilst still smoking!!

CherryBlossom
13-10-2009, 11:53 AM
That would really annoy me, its bad enough when people blow smoke in your face but to do it to a baby/child is disgusting!

I would make a big point of coughing and wafting the smoke away lol..maybe a hint will work

x

youarewhatyoueat
13-10-2009, 12:00 PM
You need my dd who when she was about 9/10 would say very loudly 'that's disgusting' and cough like mad. To be fair she still coughs very loudly and she's 14 now.