PDA

View Full Version : errruuuggghhh

emmadines
13-10-2009, 06:28 AM
why do parents give their kids sweets this time of morning??

my mindee has arrived here with a bag of chewy sweets :rolleyes: urrghh

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Thats one thing that drives me :angry:

I had it all the time with one mindee I told the mum in the end she wasn't very happy but tough.

singlewiththree
13-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Mine arrives with chocolate biscuit in his hand and all over his face! She blames it on his sister who sits in the back with him, but what is his sister doing eating chocolate biscuits at 8.30am?

angeldelight
13-10-2009, 06:34 AM
I have no idea it drives me mad

One little girl always arrives with a bag of sticky sweets because she is hungry !!!!!!

I always take off them and give them back at home time

Angel xxx

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 06:46 AM

One little girl always arrives with a bag of sticky sweets because she is hungry !!!!!!

Angel xxx

me too. what are they thinking:rolleyes:

emmadines
13-10-2009, 06:51 AM
theres 2 perticular boys in the morning walking to school (with mum) eating crisps - why not some fruit or a cerial bar (maybe some healthy breakfast in the morning??

LisaMcNally09
13-10-2009, 07:24 AM
My mindee always comes with a bottle (as in baby's bottle) of juice!:eek:

When they get here mum always says to mindee 'right E where do we put the bottle because Lisa doesnt like you drinking juice out of it'. Mindee then proceeds to put the bottle in mums bag!!

Mindee will only drink out of a cup at my house:laughing:

And just to explain.....when i was a toddler my mum used to let me drink dilute juice out of a baby bottle and all my baby teeth had to be taken out because the sugar made them turn black!!! :panic: Its a big thing in my house that juice is not made for baby bottles!!

Twinkles
13-10-2009, 07:28 AM

Angel xxx

I do too. I have it in my food policy that sweets are not encouraged and will be sent home.
I have nothing against sweets as a treat - but that's just it - a treat - not every day - for breakfast !

nikim
13-10-2009, 07:32 AM
i had one once who turned up one morning ,mum said we slept in and we didnt have time for breakfast , i replied dont worry i'll give him some toast (not a prob) to which she said oh its ok there was a packet of haribo in the car hes had them :eek:
this parent at the beginning requested no tv ,no sweets no sugary drinks ,great i say :clapping:
by the time he was 2 he had a dvd player in the back of the car and a snack bag for the journey home containing a carton of juice, cakes and sweets, crisps and maybe the odd banana occasionally :eek:
all so she could chat to her collegue she gave a lift to on the way home and not be interuppted :panic:
and they wondered why when they got home every evening he was so badly behaved :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
13-10-2009, 08:15 AM
why do parents give their kids sweets this time of morning??

my mindee has arrived here with a bag of chewy sweets :rolleyes: urrghh

in my experience...

GUILT.

Lady Haha
13-10-2009, 09:19 AM
in my experience...

GUILT.

Think you just hit the nail right on the head there!!!

I have one who always turns up with crisps in the morning, and mum says she has such trouble giving him breakfast, I'm not surprised, he is holding out for the crisps!!! But it is just because they probably ask for sweets/crisps and get all tearful when told no, so mum gives in cos she feels guilty that she has to go to work. Not doing them any favours though is it!

LeeAnn
13-10-2009, 09:51 AM
My DS takes crisps or cookies or something for his snack everyday ,he wont eat fruit :rolleyes: dont get me started. anyway each day when he is putting it in his bag DD asks for some. Of course it is only 8am and DS wont be eating it for another 3 hours but DD doesn't understand so we get meltdowns a lot of the time. I haven't given in once!

hayleychildcare
13-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a mindee R he is nearly 3 years old.

nd every morning he arrives with a bottle (baby Bottle) of juice. As soon as he sees me he knows to give it to me. He has a cup all day.

As soon as he sees mum at pickup the first words out of his mouth are "Mummy, bottle". AND SHE GIVES IT TO HIM

Im so glad i saw this thread as i though i was just to strick (im the same with my kids and all other mindees).

I dont know what i expected off this woman as she got married last year mindee was 2 and he is in all the wedding pictures with his bottle in his mouth (spoilt every picture if you ask me)

Can you tell i dont like this parent :censored: