PDA

View Full Version : My poor kids

crazybones
29-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Had planned a fire drill for after school today but all mindees went home early :clapping: So I did it anyway. :laughing: My boys were not amused except for Will who grabbed Jamie's hand saying "Cmon Yameeeee"

It is blowing a gale outside. I called their names and ticked them off and Jamie's friends came up to ask him to play out. You should have seen their faces. :laughing: :laughing:

Annie x

littlestar
29-02-2008, 05:32 PM
oh you wicked mother you :) it nasty out there but well done they did it if it were me you were taking in the cold i would have locked myself in the bathroom :laughing:

sarah707
29-02-2008, 06:05 PM
every time I cook sausages we have an impromptu fire drill... must get that oven properly cleaned! :laughing:

I don't make them go outside though, just ask which door they would go out of if it was a real fire :D

Sandie
29-02-2008, 06:07 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I know what you mean Sarah my mindies ask me whats for tea when they get in from school and if I say anything that is going to be grilled etc they laugh and say "Oh dear anothe fire drill"

I will give them there due tho whenever the smoke detector does go of they are straight to the front door and if I have little ones they will always grab them to.

littlestar
29-02-2008, 06:14 PM
oh thats so sweet sandie i would love to see that you sound like you got a good bunch :)

crazybones
29-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Ah, but we had to go outside because I had recently changed the evacuation meeting point and wanted to see if they paid attention. I of course had to stand on the step in the porch. :laughing: :laughing:

Annie x

cathchad
29-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh Sandie,
You sound like you have a good system going there...do you set it off often then...can just imagine all your kids grabbing the little ones...don't panic...don't panic!!!!
Cath

Schnakes
29-02-2008, 08:10 PM
On a serious note....all my mindees are under three and not one of them speaks properly..on a real communicable level. The eldest understands me but doesnt really speak. (long story). What am I supposed to do about fire drills in this circumstance?

Sx

allinatiz
29-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Schnakes, this thread made me put a post in the Fire Regulations section asking almost the same thing :)

crazybones
29-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I am lucky I suppose because I started doing drills when the older ones were here so the little ones just grabbed a hand and followed. Now if I do it without older ones they go to the front door anyway (with or without the sausages :laughing: ). I suppose you will just have to do loads until they recognise what is going on and it becomes automatic.

Annie x

Annie_T
29-02-2008, 11:13 PM
lol well they need to keep the routine in their minds incase it happens for real.. but your ssooo sooo creul but love it lol

dont you just love being a mum - coz we get to do the rules