PDA

View Full Version : just been given notice

Polly2
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
One of my lo's is leaving :( they are moving to Holland and then eventually looking to move back to Sweden where mum comes from.

I feel really sad - I love lo to bits and she is most definately part of the family.

Oh why do we get so attached :(

I have decided not to fill her space so I will have a couple of quieter days so its not the money.

I will have to think of something special to give her as leaving pressy - she is nearly 2.

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear that, we too are facing losing a little one that we are really fond of, I know you shouldn't but you can definitely have some children that are more like they can be part of your family than others.

sarah707
12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Hope you are feeling ok Polly xx

manjay
12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Ah that's sad:( Haven't had it happen to me yet but I can imagine how sad I would be to see some of them go.

On a positive just think of all that study time you will have free;)

miffy
12-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh that's sad - hope you're OK

Miffy xx

Twinkles
12-10-2009, 07:48 PM
It's so hard when they leave isn't it ?

You get so attached because you are a good minder.

Tippy Toes
12-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Im dreading when this happens to me, hope you feeling better soon x

edayhouse
13-10-2009, 07:39 AM
What about buying her one of those personalised books that you get, cant remember web page but do a google search and the story features her name and others i.e. yours.

At least when she reads the book she will remember you!

AnnieM
13-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I feel for you. I had this earlier this year when a family I had been minding for over 6 years left to move down south, they had 3 children aged 6, 4 and 2 who I had been looking after pretty much full time, sometimes until late in the evening and I babysat for them as well. It has taken me this long to feel ready to take another little one on and I am now looking again. They were like part of my family and it has been the worst I have felt in over 15 years of minding. When they left I took them all to the Build a Bear factory and they made their own bears and dressed them. I have since sent them outfits for them for their birthdays and they will get one for Christmas too, easy to post. They are coming up in December and I can't wait to se them again. :clapping:

suzyblue
13-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Poor you!! My advice is to keep busy with more children. Ive had children leave after having them for years and it is hard. Other children will come along and you will soon be just as attached to them as you are to your current mindees. Chin up!!

emler
13-10-2009, 11:23 AM
That's the worst part of the job when you are so fond of them and they move away :( Hope you are ok x

CherryBlossom
13-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Ahh, that is a shame. I am sure lo will really miss you too!

x

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 01:04 PM
take a photo of her with you and all her other other mindee friends and frame it for her to put on her wall in her new house/country?

Polly2
13-10-2009, 01:42 PM
aahhhhh thanks guys you have made me feel better and have some great ideas as usual.

Thank you xx

She loves my story sacks so I thought I might make her one but also put some pics of us as a family in there too. What do you think?

Going to do powerpoint with pics on too. The other parents that left loved that :)

nikkia77
13-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel for you, happened to me when I worked at the nursery, one of my key children left cause they had moved & it was taking mum too long to get to work so she put her in a nursery closer to where she worked, she was nearly 2 & as she walked out the door with mum I burst into tears & had to go into the nappy change area to sort myself out cause there was 1/2 hour to go & we still had 4 children to get picked up, it was awful :crying: :crying: