PDA

View Full Version : Illnesses?

Hebs
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
what type of illnesses require us to close??

uf353432
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
sickness and diarrhea and any notifiable diseases.

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
how do you mean Hebs - if you or yours has something?

If you can isolate the person who is ill (ie one of your kids) then you could technically remain open and follow hygiene procedures notify parents and give them a choice.

Do you mean illness such as :

E.coli
Salmonella

Hebs
12-10-2009, 06:54 PM
how do you mean Hebs - if you or yours has something?

yes, thats what i meant

i have a really bad cough :laughing: slowly sharing it about :blush:

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I would say if its making you feel like poop and you need a couple of days to get over it - take the time to get well again.:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
if i have a cold etc i call parents and explain i will work (if i need the money) but if they choose not to send their child then i won't charge as i am ill.
i don't think you HAVE to close if its a cough/cold etc - i would be constantly closed between october and march if that was the case! :rolleyes:

Hebs
12-10-2009, 07:09 PM
i feel fine, loosing my voice tho :laughing:

i just feel bad that i'm passing it round, none of my parents have said they wont send their kids, just the "oh you sound rough" comments :laughing:

miffy
12-10-2009, 07:11 PM

i just feel bad that i'm passing it round, none of my parents have said they wont send their kids, just the "oh you sound rough" comments :laughing:

Did you pick it up from one of the mindees?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM

you are just darned inconsiderate then aren't you - HOW DARE YOU BE ILL. Nothing wrong in sharing Hebs - its setting a good example to the kids lol

Have you considered a dust mask:p

Hope you feel better though

Hebs
12-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Did you pick it up from one of the mindees?

Hope you feel better soon :)

Miffy xx

yes i did :(

L who is 2 is full of snot

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes I too get the 'you sound rough' comments, usually after they tell me in a really chirpy voice looking very well, that they aren't feeling so good and are going home to bed, whilst I look and undoubtedly feel 10 times worse get to look after their child for the day!!!

Dragonfly
12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Makes me laugh(not!) is when they say "you sound rough,"but never suggest you have a day off to get better!!:(

suzyblue
13-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I had a parent come to the door once and I said "Gosh you look rough, are you ill?" and they replied "No I just havent got my make up on!!"
WHOOPS:D

ORKSIE
13-10-2009, 10:22 AM
I had a parent come to the door once and I said "Gosh you look rough, are you ill?" and they replied "No I just havent got my make up on!!"
WHOOPS:D

:D :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I think you should pass it back and help build up their immune system!

Hebs
13-10-2009, 11:53 AM

:clapping: i am :laughing:

Cazz
13-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon Hebs. x

Hebs
13-10-2009, 12:30 PM
thanks ladies x x

sunnysmile
13-10-2009, 01:17 PM
i had same for past 2 weeks little one had lost voice and by end of week had cold, parent came friday and told me she had been in bed all week with it while I had little one, needless to say I got it felt awful but worked as I couldn't afford not to as only one little one at the moment.

tashaleee
13-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Couldnt agree more!

Im currently sharing the same sore throat back - DH has come down with it tonight and Ive had it for 4 days now, as has one of the parents and 2 of the kids I mind (different families) - now on my way to share it with everyone else..... (only fair as one of mindees parents had it first and took a couple of days in bed whilst I looked after her 'croaky sounding child' who she gave calpol to 'just in case' - yeah right.....) :rolleyes: