PDA

View Full Version : Mindee Mom is pregnant, need some advise please

Ben10mad
12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi all, could do with a little advise please.
I care for F full time he attends nursery in afternoon, well shes pregnant and due in july 2010, she has asked what normally happens with childcare ( im all new to parents being pregnant) she will be taking F out for the 6 months but then after 6 months i will be gaining F and new baby, F will be in full time school aswell by then.

do i just say i cant promise a space?
xxxx

Princess Sara
12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I haven't dealt with this before either, but I'd probably say either pay a retainer, 6 months is a long time, or you cannot promise the place will still be available.

And what happens if baby doesn't turn up for whatever reason, or she decides she wants to be a SAHM?

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 06:47 PM
If she wants to retain the place so mindee has that space to come back to she is going to have to pay a sizeable retainer (normally half weekly fees) although you could negotiate this.
That way the space is still there for him BUT you cannot take a retainer for an unborn child (say the NCMA). But because baby has a sibling already with you, you could always apply for a variation once baby is due to start with you if you don't have the spaces available. Once baby is born and you have the space, then you can take a retainer.

No retainer means you are free to offer the space to anyone else and mindees space may not be there when parent wants it

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 08:59 PM
you could charge the retainer for F. He won't need the space when she is ready to go back to work so baby can have it but then F will just need an over 5 space.

I wouldn't be able to afford to offer half fees place for 6 months. it would cripple me!