PDA

View Full Version : School Hols Only

deb24
29-02-2008, 05:13 PM
If you only have a child in the school hols do you charge full fee for bank hols? As I am still a new childminder and with a lot of competition in my area,don't know what to do for the best.
Any advise most grateful x

crazybones
29-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Its up to you really. I charge but dont work them and if they wanted me to work them I charge double. Dont forget they are getting paid for bank holiday why shouldnt you. As long as you have put it into your policies and information when they sign up.

Annie x

deb24
29-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Its up to you really. I charge but dont work them and if they wanted me to work them I charge double. Dont forget they are getting paid for bank holiday why shouldnt you. As long as you have put it into your policies and information when they sign up.

Annie x

I think I would feel a bit awkward asking for full fee. Are most parents ok with this?

crazybones
29-02-2008, 05:22 PM
All mine have been.(oh except for one but she is my sister and thinks none of my policies actually apply to her :rolleyes: ) One of my mums works for the trains and has to work bank hols but luckily her hubby has always been off but when they signed up they agreed and I am aware that she has to work so there is a possibility that one day I might.

Annie x

Sandie
29-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont normally have mindies on BH but if I do I charge double if I dont I treat it as a childminders holiday day.

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I do not work bank holidays - so I do not charge

I used to work bank holidays and charged £2 an hour more than my normal hourly rate

Angel xx

wendywu
02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I do not work BH but get full pay for them. Most minders round this area do the same.

taiwallis
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
For my full time children, if their day falls on a bank holiday then i charge full fee. For school holiday children i probably wouldn't (i don't!) to be honest - as they come only during school hols. But it is totally your call and only you can guage what the parents are like. xx

HilaryT
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't charge for bank holidays - I use it as a selling point when signing parents up, but it is up to you entirely. It depends on how much you want to be competitively charged compared with the other childminders in the area too. What's the demand like, and how many childminders are there - those are the sorts of things you have to think about.

Good luck!
Hilary

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I charge for bh if normally have child on that day but do not work, it if required to work it i charge double time x

yummymummy
04-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I would charge full fee as part of my contract. If term time only I wouldn't as nearly all bank hols fall in school holidays with the exception of Mayday and of course this Easter!
If you only mind in holidays you will be losing a fair bit of money as all of them really fall within your working times and remember you are only working 12 weeks of the year for this family!
But of course it is up to you what you charge! :)