PDA

View Full Version : we're going on a key hunt!

mama2three
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
after looking everywhere i could think i may have put my keys down after 'locking us in' ( i always put them on the hook by the door but they werent there!) I decided we needed a key hunt. one hour later every toy box was empty still no keys.Every cushion was off the settees , and consequently in use as a trampoline! The kids thought it was hilarious of course! We went on a crawl under the table and all around the floor. I looked in the toy cooker , in the toilet , everywhere! At school run time we went out of the back door and round to the front of the house - and there were my keys. on the doormat where one of the little angels had posted them through the letter box! Note to self , put the hook higher up!!!!

sarah707
12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you had a good tidy up!

Oops! :laughing:

ajs
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
i spent a whole weekend looking for mine the weekend before last they turned up on monday morning in the buggy foot well
the buggy had been out side on the front path all weekend too

glad yours turned up too

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Sorry to laugh but i couldn't help myself, hope you can see the funny side soon enough!:laughing: :eek:

Twinkles
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh bless :laughing:

mama2three
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry to laugh but i couldn't help myself, hope you can see the funny side soon enough!:laughing: :eek:

i can see it now! was really difficult being that stressed and trying not to let it show though! i so hope they dont want to play the keyhunt game again tomorrow!!!

venus89
12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
My mindee put his mum's car keys in an oven glove.... it took her days to find them :laughing:

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 06:43 PM
i can see it now! was really difficult being that stressed and trying not to let it show though! i so hope they dont want to play the keyhunt game again tomorrow!!!

I mislaid my keys once with the mindees here, i was almost in tears with worry!

Zoomie
12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
DH went out on the Sunday three weeks ago, with our boys. He went in my car. Half hour later I was to follow him, and use his car.

Well when it came time to leave I couldn't find keys. I did a quick look and then grabbed the spares and followed suit.

When we got home we started looking ....

Three weeks later we STILL haven't found them :( :( :(

miffy
12-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Ooops - at least you found them! :D

Miffy xx

gigglinggoblin
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh no! Hopefully you will find it funny later. I bet the kids had a fantastic time!

My little brother once hid mine in an umbrella for a laugh then forgot where he put them so had to buy new ones out of his pocket money. He lost so many my mum wouldnt let him have one eventually. And even as a grown up he is no better, he used my keys to feed my cats then took them to a festival several weeks later and left them there!

suzyblue
13-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I had a mobile hairdresser round once and my 2 year old daughter decided to hide her keys. Id already put my daughter to bed so had to try waking her to see if she could show me where the keys were but she didnt have a clue who I was let alone where she had put the keys! The poor hairdresser was getting worried about getting back home and was trying to call her dad but couldnt get hold of him. I felt awful and kept looking. After a couple of hours I found them in my daughters skirt pocket which was in the laundry basket!!
KIDS! Whod av em!!!

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I lost a set last january and still haven't found them. I had them in my hand as I was going out the door. put them down to go fetch something. I didn't need them as dh was driving with his set and so didn't know they were missing until later on that day.

Anyway, had to fork out for new car key (£140) so we have a spare. We waited 9 months as we were convinced it would turn up. Still hasn't!!!!!!!! I reckon it must have ended up in the bin or something!