PDA

View Full Version : Baby still wants breast .. done my homework now!

Lainey Lou
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi all, following on from my rather :eek: posting yesterday, I did abit of research today on bf (which maybe I should have done before posting!). :blush: Anyway not being a bfeeder myself (you don't say?!) he he, I really didn't realise what such a big deal it is to wean off the breast, with hormone changes, potential depression and a sense of loss for mum, I feel truly awful that I was so unsympathetic towards the whole experience.

I'm going to have a nice chat with mum tomorrow about it all and I really don't want her to feel any pressure, if she wants to continue bf it is obviously totally up to her and I will support her.

I love cminding and want to be the best I can be and just wanted to say thanks to those of you who opened my eyes and made me see it from a totally different perspective.

Will let you know how I get on. :) XX

suez
12-10-2009, 04:48 PM
good luck! i know when i b/fed my little boy even though it was only a few months and it was draining ,i decided to stop, like you said it is very depressing i was so upset but knew it was for the best so muddled on, now youve researched a bit you can say to the mum your suggestions good luck hope it works out x

venus89
12-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Well done :clapping: I hope your chat with Mum goes well tomorrow. At then end of the day you wouldn't be on here asking for advice if you weren't trying to be your best - that's what this forum is about, isn't it? x

miffy
12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Good luck with mum - I'm sure you'll be able to work something out :)

Miffy xx

uf353432
12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
:littleangel: I am sure mum will be delighted at the support you will offer her. You know where we are if you need any support yourself :)

Its worth getting to know how and where to store breastmilk in the fridge, how long it keeps for etc.

Kellymom.com is a fabulous source of information for bf mothers and supporters of bf mothers. You can also see if there is a BF group locally and pop in and speak to them for further advice as well.

ORKSIE
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Well done you, Im sure mum will be really pleased that you have taken the time to research this subject:clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 06:55 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done Lainey you should be really proud of yourself for
a) posting
b) going of an researching for yourself
c) supporting mother and child in this manner

(make sure you write all this up from beginning to end of how it made you feel, what and how you discovered things, why you discovered it, the changes you are now making - EXCELLENT self-reflection and ofsted will love you for it)

WELL DONE:clapping: :thumbsup:

Lainey Lou
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Well done Lainey you should be really proud of yourself for
a) posting
b) going of an researching for yourself
c) supporting mother and child in this manner

(make sure you write all this up from beginning to end of how it made you feel, what and how you discovered things, why you discovered it, the changes you are now making - EXCELLENT self-reflection and ofsted will love you for it)

WELL DONE:clapping: :thumbsup:

aww thanks pipsqueak you are so lovely xx

breezy
12-10-2009, 07:03 PM
aww thanks pipsqueak you are so lovely xx

OMG you must have caught her on a good day:eek: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
OMG you must have caught her on a good day:eek: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: oy you Minx - I am Pipsqueak not Monkey - stop picking on me:p :p I am allowed one sensible, clever moment per day and that was it!!!

and.... why thank you Lainey :blush: :blush:

nannymcflea
12-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Good for you and lucky for her to have the support to be able to carry on BF.I'm sure once you are all in a routine it will seem natural.:thumbsup: