PDA

View Full Version : Oh No My Mindee ..

Annie_T
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
keeps being sick and crying ...She 5 months old and mum said she bit sicky baby but i didnt realise this much lol

She not to happy when you put her down either ....

I dont know if could be milk thats causing her to be sick or if it the pipe that stops food coming up thats not working properly (friends baby has this prob)

She a lovely baby just not use to all the sick and crying lol
She may stop crying once use to me i guess tho so thats ok .. but the sick ewww - Think i have say something to mummy x

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 04:01 PM
lovely. sorry no advice but lots of t-towels over your shoulder lol

Blaze
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
She sounds like a reflux baby - she's miserable because it's like having heartburn all the time ...I would mention to Mum she's showing classic signs & get ger to take her to the GP.
HTH

uf353432
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
yes it does sound like reflux - after feeds try and feed upright and then keep in an upright position for as long as possible afterwards and try to wind little and often through the feed. Mum might be able to get special formula or medication if its perceived to be really bad - though they normally grow out of it between 6mth to 1 yr.

kindredspirits
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
i echo what blaze said - if its reflux and its causing her pain the gp can prescribe gaviscon to go in her bottle - didn't stop my ds being sick but it did stop the pain :thumbsup:

cuddlybunny38
12-10-2009, 04:13 PM
My grandosn is like this they say its reflux but he isnt in pain with it. Has 2 differents meds 3 times a day. he is sick all the time doesnt stop. They dont really do anything till the babys are 1 ( mine is 4.5 months) he can still be sick after having his bottle 3 hours before. Daft thing is though they tell my daughter that he is fat, he is nearly 18lbs only has 5/6 bottles a day and sicks up nearly the whole lot.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
agree with the whole reflux, my ds had silent reflux (no sick) doc put him on gaviscon and he changed from a misery to a happy baby over night

Blaze
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM
PS: Feel free to pm me - all 3 of mine have had reflux (eldest was really severe - was on 5 different types of medication & still has problems at the age of 10)!:eek:...Though my middle one grew out of it by 2 & MY YOUNGEST OUT GREW IT BY NINE MONTHS (Ooops caps)!

The Juggler
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
She sounds like a reflux baby - she's miserable because it's like having heartburn all the time ...I would mention to Mum she's showing classic signs & get ger to take her to the GP.
HTH

Blaze beat me to it. I would suggest the same.

TheBTeam
12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
The good news is quite often even severe reflux starts to sort itself out when babies have more solid food and spend more time upright, so there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Annie_T
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks everyone i will talk to mum in morning as thats when i see her .. as nanny picks up

i did mention it to nanny - who said she on some formula ive never heard of (as i cant even remember it lol)

Plenty of towels to hand - mum packs everything and more hehe x

LittleMissSparkles
12-10-2009, 06:09 PM
i agree it sounds like reflux an ex mindee of mine had it quite severley and had to have several ops to try correct it along with gaviscon in her milk to help her which it did, hope they sort her out soon xxxx poor love xxxx

LOOPYLISA
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
You have my sympathy my neice had this, she had special milk and gaviscon in it too, she grew out of it by 18mths :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
12-10-2009, 09:31 PM
My youngest had reflux and can still be sick at the drop of a hat(or someone chewing with their mouth open!)

My best advice is get a leather sofa,baby puke comes off easily!:eek:

singlewiththree
13-10-2009, 06:41 AM
My daughter was the same but it wasn't reflux it was dairy intolerance and she was on Nutramigen.