PDA

View Full Version : Walkodile - like it or not?

brightstar
12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I passed a nursery this morning and saw the children being taken for a walk on one of these: www.walkodile.com. The children didn't look very comfortable, and I just didn't like the idea. They looked like they were harnessed ready to pull a carriage :rolleyes:. I wonder how their carers coped on narrow pavements etc? It would probably be great for a short walk to school. What does everyone else think?

Twinkles
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Haven't decided if I like them or not yet , but have you seen the price !!!:eek: :eek:

ORKSIE
12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I dont like the look of that:panic:
I agree they look like harnessed ponies.

haribo
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
i quite like it ! think it would give great peace of mind if picking up several little ones from school . i have heard people say they dont like reins or wrist straps because it looks like the kids are on dog leads :rolleyes: . dont think i would ever need one as i dont have six small ones at a time though and it looks like a bit of a palaver getting them all in :panic:

Blackhorse
12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
cant say I like it......

imagine one falls or starts running?? then what?
not sure how practical that actually is...hmm

sweets
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
cant say I like it......

imagine one falls or starts running?? then what?
not sure how practical that actually is...hmm

i had a vision of lots of children running along with it! lol:laughing:

I dont think i like it. i know we want to keep are children safe but i think its a bit wrapping them up in cotton wool! the age the children are in the picture then i would expect them to walk safely on a pavement anyway! especcialy when with a teacher!

youarewhatyoueat
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I would think they have there uses, perhaps a playgroup has to cross a road to get to the park or something. The nursery by me just uses a long rope which the children have to hold and they are very well behaved on it and it works well.

nikim
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
when i first saw these (i had a leaflet in the post ages ago ) i thought ooh i like that , then when i thought about it i decided i didnt, and couldnt see the point , i can imagine this thing would give carers a false sense of security ;ie getting to your destination and realising that one little so and so has unclipped themselves and done a runner :eek:
whats wrong with good old holding hands , besides we as good cm's dont need expensive contraptions to keep our mindees safe :clapping:

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I dont like the look of that:panic:
I agree they look like harnessed ponies.

Exactly and we could use this to our advantage - we could put a carriage behind and ride along like queens - surveying our lands.
We could 'show' our childen and win rosettes.

AND we could have a whip to keep them all in line, gee them up a bit - c'mon think about......:D

come winter time - no more wet and slooshed boots and trouser bottoms for us - we can ride along to school shouting 'mush mush' (huskey style) - just think how admired we would be for using an alternative form of tranpsort!

oh and its all quite multi-cultural and diverse/inclusive!
i quite like the idea!!!:laughing:

brightstar
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Exactly and we could use this to our advantage - we could put a carriage behind and ride along like queens - surveying our lands.
We could 'show' our childen and win rosettes.

AND we could have a whip to keep them all in line, gee them up a bit - c'mon think about......:D

come winter time - no more wet and slooshed boots and trouser bottoms for us - we can ride along to school shouting 'mush mush' (huskey style) - just think how admired we would be for using an alternative form of tranpsort!

oh and its all quite multi-cultural and diverse/inclusive!
i quite like the idea!!!:laughing:

I love it! :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: