PDA

View Full Version : Who do I inform?

jelly15
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Who, officially, do I inform that I am preparing food for others at my home? The CSSIW know, is thereanyone else who should?

Thanks in advance,

Jelly.

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Environmental health - local council

jelly15
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM

chewy sweets
12-10-2009, 04:18 PM
wow do you have to inform them??? I provide food and haven't informed council/environmental health!!!

oooops have i made a booboo???????

Lainey Lou
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi all, I informed my env health and they rang saying that I am the only cminder that has registered and who advised me to contact them? Also, my co-ordinator came to see me today and she said that you don't need to register with them. Conflicting info once again. Think it might be which local auth you are under maybe whether you register or not. Anyway they have my details so at least I am covered x

sarah707
12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
When I was researching for my Welsh Standards e-book I did not find any written evidence that Welsh childminders need to inform environmental health, like we do in England.

However, it was stated as good practice that they attend a Basic Food Hygiene course.

Maybe it's different depending on which local authority you come under but as things stand I don't have any concrete evidence of the need to register.

If anyone has information to contradict that, I'd really appreciate knowing.

Thank you! :D

jelly15
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
When I did my Introduction to Childcare Practice (ICP) homebased, the tutor mentioned breifly that it was our own responsibility to infom Inland Rev etc. and the relevant authority that we are suppying food but I didn't get the chance to ask who exactly. I worked as a cook in a restaurant for years and are familiar with the correct food hygiene guides but have never actually been on a course but I do intend to.

Jelly

Polly2
12-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I was told as sarah said that I didn't have to inform environmental health. I did the basic food hygiene course as good practise.

Does anyone know whether that has to be renewed like we have to for first aid?

sarah707
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I was told as sarah said that I didn't have to inform environmental health. I did the basic food hygiene course as good practise.

Does anyone know whether that has to be renewed like we have to for first aid?

It is good practice to renew it, but not a statutory requirement - that's the same in England as well :D

aly
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
The FSA{food standards agency}

We have just been sent a letter from them stating we need to register under certain circumstances.

Polly2
20-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks sarah

babs
20-10-2009, 07:30 PM
i rang local council and informed E H , they have sent me a form to fill in said they may not send anyone out to check

izzy
20-10-2009, 10:45 PM
hi, i rang our local authority environmental health in south bucks and was told you had to register as a food provider as a childminder even if you only provided tap water - apparently this had been in force since 2006 :eek:, they sent me a form to fill in and will be in touch when i send it back, i suppose they will come and check - not much point registering if not x

louised
28-10-2009, 09:14 AM
hi, i rang our local authority environmental health in south bucks and was told you had to register as a food provider as a childminder even if you only provided tap water

the new guidance from the food standards agency for childminders says you only need to register if you are providing food, if you are only providing water and chilled storage for the childs packed lunch it is not necessary to register.