PDA

View Full Version : How do i tackle this?

LisaMcNally09
12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
My constant late parent is late again this week!!:angry: Im fed up of constantly having to deal with this and don't know how I can tackle it??

In general we get on quite well and the lo is really settling down now!! Last week it was wednesday that she paid me:eek:

I need to put together a text that is polite but firm about my need to be paid at the beginning of each week!!

Can you lovely ladies help me with the wording???? Like i say we do get on quite well now so i dont want to make it awkward but on the other hand i am running a business!!!

Pipsqueak
12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
I'd forget the text altogther and a) ask the parent for a formal chat b) put it in writing (letter form)

I'd explain that it is causing you problems with her late payments - suggest SO perhaps?

Put it in writing what you discuss.

Hebs
12-10-2009, 10:56 AM
or ask for 2 weeks fees in 1 week so shes paying in advance :thumbsup:

LisaMcNally09
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks Guys,

I didnt realise i should be going for a formal letter at this stage. I thought maybe a final 'friendly' reminder??

Maybe your right????

Oh i dont know.....this is the only part of the job i hate! I even dont mind the paperwork now im in a routine!1:rolleyes:

Daftbat
12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
I would ask to speak to her and explain that this is causing you a problem. Ask her if there is a reason for the payment delay - there might be a simple solution like changing payment schedule. Give her the chance to have a reason for the delay but if there really isn't one then explain to her that if every parent paid you late then it would have a catastrophic effect. SOmetimes they think that just because its 40 quid or so (don't know how much yours is) that it won't make much difference to you - sometimes customers need a reminder of real life!

Twinkles
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I would have a chat along the lines of

' I think lo is settling in really well , what do you think ? Are you happy with everything or do you want to ask any questions ? BTW the only concern I have is that I really need the money on Monday morning so I can( delete as appropriate ) buy food/pay for toddler group/get craft material/pay bills/book my thai massage.'

Minstrel
17-10-2009, 09:22 AM

' I think lo is settling in really well , what do you think ? Are you happy with everything or do you want to ask any questions ? BTW the only concern I have is that I really need the money on Monday morning so I can( delete as appropriate ) buy food/pay for toddler group/get craft material/pay bills/book my thai massage.'

oh twinkles you do make me laugh!

CherryBlossom
17-10-2009, 10:42 AM

Lol..this is a good idea actually as i read it as a casual but effective way of saying "give me my money!"