PDA

View Full Version : Soft Play

Hebs
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
i have C aged 2 and E aged 2.5 today and i found out our local sure start have a soft play room that you have to book sessions for,

anyway, we went this morning from the school run and it's fantastic :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

it's bookable on a private session so you have the room to yourself :clapping: no having to contend with brats who are out to spoil the fun

going again tomorrow with C and L aged 2.

they also have a sensory room with lights and soft cushions etc so i have that booked for thursday mornings :D

oh and the best bit is.....................

they are only £1 per child :clapping:

Blackhorse
12-10-2009, 10:40 AM
that sounds really good

I wasnt brave enough yet to go to softplay with more than just my dd.

She is wanting to do everything but needs to be accompanied until she is 3...apart from that I wouldnt want her to go climb up on her own as some of the kids run/push and shov (sp?) their way around as they are obviously having fun without a care in the world so to speak..

I am also worried that I would loose one of the mindees in the ''chaos''

so a room to yourself would be absolute fantastic!! for me anyways..I am a chicken that way I think...:blush:

Hebs
12-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I am also worried that I would loose one of the mindees in the ''chaos''

so a room to yourself would be absolute fantastic!! for me anyways..I am a chicken that way I think...:blush:

thats why i loved it, it's not too big can see them all playing but i was able to sit back and let them get on with it :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I presume when you refer to 'brats' you are referring to mums who bring their own children,nice!!

I know what you mean but I don't really think its necessary to be quite so blunt, not all children are angels but they also have to be given the opportunity to learn with others and how to deal with behaviour of other chilren is a good life lesson.

Hebs
12-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I presume when you refer to 'brats' you are referring to mums who bring their own children,nice!!

I know what you mean but I don't really think its necessary to be quite so blunt, not all children are angels but they also have to be given the opportunity to learn with others and how to deal with behaviour of other chilren is a good life lesson.

excuse me!! :rolleyes:

yes brats, when you have little children 18 months plus being pushed around by 4/5 year olds and parents not batting an eye lid then yes they are brats

personally i prefer letting older children learn to deal with that when they have the vocab skills needed to stand up for themselves

HONESTLY :rolleyes:

kindredspirits
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
:laughing: :laughing: for the record i'd call them brats as well - some children are not bought up correctly and end up being brats - it doesn't make them evil but it does make them inconsiderate little so and so's. :thumbsup:

The Juggler
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
ladeeez!:rolleyes: c'mon. let's be nice to each other. :D

I think it's the parents that should be held to account for not managing their behaviour, not the children. It's not their fault, they only learn to behave within the boundaries they are taught. They only behave like this because grown ups let them.

Remember the danger of labelling kids. Same as you wouldn't call a child naughty. Once a child hears it's a brat, will act like a brat - self-fullfilling prophecy!

LisaMcNally09
12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
ladeeez!:rolleyes: c'mon. let's be nice to each other. :D

I think it's the parents that should be held to account for not managing their behaviour, not the children. It's not their fault, they only learn to behave within the boundaries they are taught. They only behave like this because grown ups let them.

Remember the danger of labelling kids. Same as you wouldn't call a child naughty. Once a child hears it's a brat, will act like a brat - self-fullfilling prophecy!

Completely agree!!

I went to Scarborough last year and was on the top of an open top bus with my dd and ds. A cwoman was in front with her little boy....probably about 4! He was sat nearest the aisle of the bus and wanted to sit next to the edge to see the sea. He was trying to climb over mum and she said to him

' What a horrible naughty little boy you are" :eek:

Anyway i tapped her on the shoulder and said "its not the little one who is naughty its just is behaviour that isnt appropriate":laughing:

She went bright red and said sorry to her now sobbing son!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM
it's not the kids i mind its the parents who can't be :censored: to disciplin their kids properly that annoy me.

i was at a soft play when this lady had a go at my son for stopping her 6 year old son going mental in the under 5's section, he was defending his 2 year old sister from the 6 year old, pointed this out to mum who couldn't see that her son was "an angel"
this was same woman who had staff have a go at her cos her toddler was climbing the stairs to the 2nd floor and mum didn't have a clue where he was!!

i never call a child to their face and to insinuate i do is pretty childish :rolleyes:

soooo much nicer for the little ones to have it to yourself :thumbsup:

The Juggler
13-10-2009, 06:44 AM
it's not the kids i mind its the parents who can't be :censored: to disciplin their kids properly that annoy me.

i was at a soft play when this lady had a go at my son for stopping her 6 year old son going mental in the under 5's section, he was defending his 2 year old sister from the 6 year old, pointed this out to mum who couldn't see that her son was "an angel"
this was same woman who had staff have a go at her cos her toddler was climbing the stairs to the 2nd floor and mum didn't have a clue where he was!!

i never call a child to their face and to insinuate i do is pretty childish :rolleyes:

soooo much nicer for the little ones to have it to yourself :thumbsup:

don't think anyone is insinuating that you do it to their faces, but children overhear and pick up on all sorts of things we think they don't. Not sure how that is seen as childish behaviour from us for worrying about this ;). Sorry if you think that. I've just never seen children called that on the forum before - guess I was surprised...

Having said that I am not condoning their behaviour in the slightest and would be as angry as you are over how they treated your children/mindees.:o