PDA

View Full Version : Changing the restrictions on rooms used with OFSTED

AnnieM
11-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I have been minding for 15 years and have always used the annexe at the back of our house to mind from, ideal really as it has its own kitchen, toilet, sitting room and playroom, but we have recently had some serious damp problems and it is now feeling really depressing in there, I am thinking of moving into the house when I get some more children. I currently only mind 2 before and after school for an hour. So my question is, I was inspected last March, do I need to have a full inspection again to go into the house? I don't want one yet as I am not due, as I have no little ones, I don't really have any paperwork or anything to show OFSTED and would be worried that I would lose my good grade. Can anyone help please?

Zoomie
11-10-2009, 09:49 PM
what does your cert say about the areas that yhou can mind from ?

does it say only from annexure ???

if so, then yes you would need to contact OFsted, but if not, I can't see why you can't just move back in .... RA's done etc etc etc

youarewhatyoueat
12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
As Zoomie says it depends what areas of the house you originally registered, Have a look on your last inspection report it usually says.

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Even if they come out and look at the house that doesn't mean a full inspection just an inspection of the new area

AnnieM
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks, yes I am only registered to use the annexe. I am wanting to move back into the house and use the dining room for playing, lounge for sleeping/tv and obviously kitchen and loo which is unfortunately upstairs, but I really don't want to go through the full inspection yet, unless I have to. I don't want to carry on from the annexe 'when' I get some more children.

miffy
12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Why don't you ring Ofsted for advice - you can't move back into the main house without having those rooms registered - they may be happy with a detailed risk assessment but I don't know if that would be enough.

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Can you do it temporary whilst you get the damp sorted out sounds like an ideal cm'ing set up there.