PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Move...

funtoplay
11-10-2009, 07:33 PM
We are moving as a family to Cyprus in January, since my husband is in the Army. We are so excited, EXCEPT i am so worried about giving notice to my children!!! There aren't many spaces in my area so i know a few may struggle with finding another childminder. We are going mid January so was thinking of giving up at christmas. Would you give them the 4 weeks notice as per the contracts i have or would you give them more time and risk them leaving before christmas and lose some money. I could do with the money before christmas!

Luckily it looks like they are desperate for trained childminders in cyprus too so I may be able to work there...or i might just enjoy the sunshine!! Not too sure yet!

Julia

Playmate
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm very jelous, can I come too?

AnnieM
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Oooh, yes me too please, if I lose a few pounds I will fit in the suitcase. Lucky you, personally I would go for the sunbathing option. :p

As for the parents of your mindees, if it were me I would give notice after half term to give them chance to find somewhere else as there may be waiting lists. That is just my opinion though. ;)

uf353432
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Personally I would give them as much notice as possible. If childcare places are in short supply I think giving them as much notice to find somewhere is the decent thing to do. They may or may not leave sooner - it is a risk - I dare say with OH being in armed forces there was always a risk that you guys would be posted out of area.

Good luck with the move - very jealous!!

nannymcflea
11-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Just make sure your notice doesn't coincide with any Xmas holidays and takes it down to 3 weeks. You could get into trouble with the parents for loss of earnings.

Have a fabulous time in Cyprus:D

miffy
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd give 4 weeks notice to finish on Friday 18th December like the schools and then enjoy Christmas - I'm sure you'll have lots of packing to keep you busy!

Mmmm Cyprus - good place for a forum holiday :idea: :D

Miffy xx

chels55
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
How exciting for you.
I would let them know in plenty of time, you could also say you will ask around other childminders if they have any spaces.

Demonjill
11-10-2009, 10:59 PM
wow that sounds so exciting. Good luck with all that.:thumbsup: