PDA

View Full Version : Printer Suggestion

helenlc
11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I need a new printer - mine is ready for the knacker's yard!!:laughing:

I am after some suggestions from you lovely people.

I would like a printer and scanner in one to save on space and need one whose printer cartridges are quite reasonable to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Tam's Tribe
11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
All I want to say is stay away from Lexmark, X6690 all in one is fabulous but making me bancrupt purchasing the cartridges.

Have you seen the new Kodak advert . . . the printer is well priced and for a B&W cartridge and colour cartridge is approx £16 . . . compared with Lexmark £40 :eek:

Good luck, let us know how you get one . . . thinking of selling mine and buying another one with affordable consumables!!!

Lovies
Tam
x

Bazza
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
All I want to say is stay away from Lexmark, X6690 all in one is fabulous but making me bancrupt purchasing the cartridges.

LOL. Preaching to the converted there. There is another thread on here somewhere about printers and i already mentioned about Lexmark!

I found that HP are generally rated the highest overall. However what you use it for will depend on the model you get.

dobby
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I can highly recommend Canon printers. I have had just about every brand going over the years and 6 years ago when I needed a new one I did LOADS of research, actually went into print shops and asked what they would buy retail if they had to do allsorts of printing, nearly all said to buy a canon! The printers are sometimes more expensive than simliar spc HP,epson etc, but the ink lasts longer and is cheaper.

I bought a multitasking one 2 years ago, again did the research and found its hard to get one of those that does everything very well - but yet again ,Canon was the brand that came up top marks. I bought a canon MP810 which does print,photo print, scanning,copying, automatic duplex printing, shrinking and enlarging of prints, Cd printing and other stuff i have yet to try :D It has been well abused my hubby ,daughter and the odd baby poking things in it :eek: and is still going strong - oh and I am only on my thrid set of ink cartridges in that time and it is used regularly. they are also single colour so more economical.

Think they dont make that model anymore but there will be similiar :)

Edit: heres the current range and RRp - should be able to get cheaper if you shop around;)
https://store.canon-europe.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayCategoryProductLin eListPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_GB&SiteID=canoncon&categoryID=12098900&parentCategoryID=1661600&secondaryCategoryID=12098800

daisyboo1980
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
i have a canon mp404 something and its great printer and the cartridges are not to dear tescos do some good offers on them to

madasahatter
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I've got an epson sx600fw as I wanted my printer to be wifi enabled so that I could print from my laptop without having to plug it in. I was using compatible cartridges which were cheap (approx £1.80 per cartridge) but sometimes it refused to recognise them. I've now got a refillable cartridge from ebay (here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280395996338&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI)) which came with loads of ink and is working brilliantly, and best of all cost less than a new set of epson original cartridges.
You can buy continuous ink systems or refillable cartridges for many printers so it may be worth googling.

venus89
11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
We got an HP Photosmart C4480 half price in August and I love it! It has scanner and photocopier and good phot printing too. I love that I can print photos direct from my camera's memory card without even having to turn on the computer (this is probably old hat to most people but is wonderfully new to me!). We're just runnning low on ink after 2 months heavy usage and I seem to remember one of the reasons we chose it was the price of replacement cartriages

youarewhatyoueat
11-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Love my brother DCP-770 it scans,photocopys,prints from cheap compatable cartridges and prints directly from the camera as well and is wifi. I paid about £125 and its worth every penny.

helenlc
11-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow, certainly food for thought there.

I currently have a Lexmark, hence asking about more reasonably priced cartridges. I need new cartridges at the moment and dont want to spend £40 getting new ones for the Lexmark. I would rather spend another £20-£40 and get a new printer with more economical cartridges.

Will have a look around at deals mentioned there, but am thinking a Kodak or Canon.

And yes, I saw the one where a black and white and colour cartridge were about £16. I think my OH's uncle raved about it recently too.

Thanks for the info - will keep you posted if I find any good deals.

helenlc
11-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Found this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6704056/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C144 18968/c_2/2%7Ccat_14418968%7CPrinters+and+fax+machines%7C144 18969.htm

The twin pack of black and white and colour cartridges is £15.79!!

It comes with ink cartridges and all you need to get is the USB lead but I can use that off the old printer hopefully.

Just going to look around and see if anywhere has it cheaper.

mummyroysof3
12-10-2009, 05:46 AM
it was me that started the other thread about printers, i have just ordered a hp one from amazon for £29.99 bargin:thumbsup:

charlotte x