PDA

View Full Version : idea for traditional toys please

sweets
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
up to recently i have minded children 2yrs and up and have lots of toys and resources for them.

This month though i have 3 children aged between 10mnths and 15mnths starting.

I got all my baby bits out for them but could do with some more, my friend gave me a lot which is great but the majority of them Beep or play music. i like them but would like some suggestions of traditional toys that are quiet! lol.

Any idea? what do your littlies play with?

PixiePetal
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
soft squishy balls, dolls, shape sorters, chiffon scarves and interesting fadrics, pop up tent/den, pots to put things in and out of, board books - any good for starters?

LeeAnn
11-10-2009, 03:40 PM
this isnt a quiet option but pots and pans with wooden spoons :D

Littlies of that age also love to put things into other things, so blocks, shapes, bits of fabric (obv not too long to cause choking, and not too small as they put everything in their mouths ;) ) , pram, dollies, old fashioned wooden clothes pegs. keys? , little handbags.

Maybe even everyday things like soft hair brushes, socks?, hats

maybe a little torch

ORKSIE
11-10-2009, 04:14 PM
leeAnn......Littlies love torches dont they:thumbsup:

I have a torch, but you have to stop them from looking into it:D

LeeAnn
11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
LOL yep it is hard to stop them looking into it or shining it straight into others eyes :rolleyes: although prob an older toddler activity ;) followed by lots of giggling! lol

Hebs
11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
what about a small paddling pool with those plastic balls in it??

miffy
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Mine that age love mirrors, bean bags, soft balls and fabric.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
soft squishy balls, dolls, shape sorters, chiffon scarves and interesting fadrics, pop up tent/den, pots to put things in and out of, board books - any good for starters?

ditto, plus things from around house - treasure basket stuff. mirrors. some lovely wooden toys on internet, do a google (the wooden toy catalogue is good) that do lovely stuff, those clickety clack catterpillers, rattles in wood etc.

Helen79
11-10-2009, 05:36 PM
myriad online have some lovely traditional toys.

sweets
11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
thats great everyone thankyou, some good ideas there. as much as i like vtech toys i want some more discovery and 'doing' toys.

babs
11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
my mindees are 12 months and 2 yrs so all of above plus a dolls house( 12 month old copies her sister puttin figures on to seats and in beds ), duplo (lego) Chunky Cars, garage, instruments i know they r noisy but great fun at music time .... peg jigsaws ---- i have something called geostacks and lo loves to put shapes on to pegs while sister threads them on the string... Animals ie farm yard , zoo, dinosaurs, play kitchen ... push alongs sit on cars..
wooden blocks,stackin cups the list goes on and on lol i couldnt name al toys i ave

ORKSIE
11-10-2009, 05:51 PM
what about a small paddling pool with those plastic balls in it??

I do this:thumbsup:

daisyboo1980
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
my 1 yr old mindee spent an hour playing with a plastic spoon and bowl thought it was great fun

Bazza
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
My daughter of 17 months loves to dress up so thats always easy to sort out. The little Fisherprice figures are great too as they keep her amused for ages. She also loves books, the ones where they have different textures to feel.

However, she also loves my laptop, my desktop and mobile phones! Keys too.