PDA

View Full Version : strengthen immune system

Blackhorse
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
my dp's immune system isn't the best in the world.
he wants to do something about it..

now apart from talking to GP, eating well, excercising...etc etc

is there anything you know about that can help to strengthen your immune system?
anything you have done yourself that has helped?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

sarah707
11-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I take echinacea - one week of tablets, then a week break. The liquid is better but I can't stand the taste.

In the winter I also take vitamin C and zinc tablets.

hth :D

Twinkles
11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I was going to say exactly the same thing Sarah.

As well as eating the right things , cutting back on alcohol ( yes I really did say that ! ) fresh air is a wonderful booster as well.

Cazz
11-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I take echinacea - one week of tablets, then a week break. The liquid is better but I can't stand the taste.

In the winter I also take vitamin C and zinc tablets.

hth :D

I was going to start taking echniacea but wondered why you take for a week and then have a week's break? I thought you could take it every day?

I give my 11 year olds Bassetts Soft & Chewy multivitamins - they love the taste and the fact that they're like a sweet. They make different ones for various age groups.

They've also been having one of those Munch Bunch Drinky Yogurts each day for years. They have pro-biotics in them, don't know if it definetly does help but if there are tummy bugs going around they don't often get them and if they do they seem to be quite mild.

Twinkles
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Echniacea is less effective if you take it all the time . it works better if you have a break.

polobear1970
11-10-2009, 01:44 PM
There is Sambocal it get it from places like boots, which is very good, it black elderberry, I 1st read about it in a magazine recommended for diabetics I'm diabetic and dont have the flu jab) to help with colds and flu, I always keep a bottle of it and if I feel i'm catching something take it then, although you can take all the time if you want to. touch wood since been taken not had any thing.

I have to say its always worked for me.

Cazz
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Echniacea is less effective if you take it all the time . it works better if you have a break.

Thanks - I never realised that :thumbsup: