PDA

View Full Version : Answer Phone Message!!

katickles
29-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone - back from my holidays now :crying: - had a fantastic time though!

Anyway you may remember before i went away - I had my first meeting with parents as they need care for there child - guess what - i have a message on my answerphone to say they would like me to start on Tuesday!!!

I think they may be hard work as they seem very laid back, never really asked my any questions at the meeting - i just kept telling them info & asking them questions!! When i returned the phone call to say it would be no problem the dad just said he'd drop the child off 8:00am tuesday & bring the paperwork! ( Igave them one of my parents packs & there is a page that asks info on child - likes/dislikes etc) I explained that i'd need to do the contract first as I wouldn't mind without one & he said to fill it out drop it round & they would sign it & bring it tuesday then. I asked if he'd not prefer to come here & we could fill it in all together as there is a fair bit to get through & he just said it was fine.

Anyway - this is my first mindee & will be just for 1 half day & 1 full day a week. I need to fill ALL my spaces & still not having any enquiries even though i'm advertising everywhere!! So hopefully things will go ok - are any of your parents like this ?

Heaven Scent
29-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh great congrats. Has anybody notice that when you first talk to parents and are completing the paperwork and are asking about special needs as far as likes/dislikes special toys, particular toys children like or sleeptime routines they all say 'oh nothing child eats everything no special toys etc etc' then child comes and after a week of offering milk or water and fruit for healthy snacks the child won't touch a thing and you mention it in passing to the parents and they reply with surprise that the child only drinks a certain (usually really expensive brand) of apple juice or some sort of junk fizzy drink and doesn't eat anything with skin on or that doesn't contain at least 50,000 E numbers and they look at you as if you are stupid. Or one day little one brings a piece of rag or cuddly toy and its missing at the end of the day and you are the worst in the world because child won't sleep without it and parent stays for ages lookin for it then leaves huffing an puffing saying I won't get a wink of sleep tonight now - these are not real examples of things that happened to me but similar things have.

Celine

Annie_T
29-02-2008, 02:14 PM
well done hun, maybe your get some calls once this couple see how you cope etc as they will do word of mouth.

hope your holiday was good

nell57
29-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Well done on getting first mindee and good luck in filling up the rest of your spaces soon.

Helen

Banana
29-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Thats great news!

Hope you had a lovely holiday!

x

Pudding Girl
29-02-2008, 02:22 PM
:thumbsup: brill!

yummymummy
29-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Well done. I bet now you've got one mindee the phone will ring and you'll have a queue!:clapping:

sarah707
29-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome back! :clapping: And congratulations! :clapping:

deeb66
29-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Congratulations......:clapping: :clapping:

Glad to hear you had a fab time on holiday :thumbsup:

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice to see you back glad you had a nice holiday

Congratulations good news about the call ...

Angel xx

Spangles
29-02-2008, 05:06 PM
That's great news, well done! :)

charleyfarley
29-02-2008, 05:16 PM
That's great news, roll on Tuesday ay

Glad you had a great holiday

Carol xx

Sandie
29-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Good luck with your new mindies. I know what you mean about paperwork I have real nightmares sometimes trying to get them filled in now I have even started renewing contracts a couple of weeks before the old ones run out and find I am still chasing them to sign. :angry:

brillminder
29-02-2008, 08:06 PM
good luck x

katickles
29-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone - Tell you what, I missed this site couldn't wait to get back on it!!! Terrible isn't it!!! :laughing: