PDA

View Full Version : After school fees

sandy
29-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi all,

The first babies I started minding are now due to start school in sept.

I don't know what to charge for before and after school. Currently Charge them £3 ph but I want to change to set fees.
They can arrive sometimes at 7.30 am and often stay until 6.30pm so need to cover upto 4.75hrs a day. (School will be 9.00 till 3.15)

Any advice most welcome

Thankyou

Sandy

sarah707
29-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I did trial a set fee a while ago and found parents just came later and later - one set used to 'just pop to Tesco cos well we've paid you haven't we?' :angry:

I am now back on an hourly rate, chargeable to the nearest 15 mins. I know it's harder at billing time, but parents don't take the mickey :D

sandy
29-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I did think about this, and both sets of parents are the type to do that.

Just don't want to have to drag 2 babies and a toddler down to school and back only for the after schooler to be collected at 4pm, all for £3

What about a minimum charge per morning and per afternoon ?

Thanks for your help sarah, really appreciate it

Sandy

Twinkles
29-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I do a set fee but it only covers them 'till six o'clock after that they pay an hourly rate.

Also it is a minimum of ten pounds

miss muffit
29-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Sandy I charge £4.00 after school per hour and i also charge a 15 min travelling cost so if they are out of school at 3.30pm i charge from 3.15
hope this helps tell you what why dont you phone a few childminders in your area and ask them or ask at your childminding group if you go to one.
K:) :) :)

Pudding Girl
29-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I charge a set fee for morning session, or afternoon session, or a reduced set fee for both. Wehter they go in an hour or stay for 3, the fee is the same. I also didn't want to have to have the fuss of picking up with other lo in tow, and home for them to be picked up really quickly.

sandy
01-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for your help . Its given me plenty to think about.

I've got plenty of time so will ask around other cm's aswell

Thanks again

Sandy :D