PDA

View Full Version : double buggy success!

sweets
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
after all the dithering i have finally bought one:clapping: :clapping:

I got a mothercare MPV. i went for a basic one as its only for occasional use, i dont do school runs so will be mainly used for the local shops and park. it fits in the boot nicely, and my single will be able to fit in too!

i was a bit worried because when i measured my front door i realised that a side by side wouldnt go through so i thought i would have to do the half fold trick with the children inside it to get it through!

BUT i have just unpacked it and with a bit of wiggling it does:clapping:

its bright red, it doesnt have cosy toes with it but im not bothered and am on the look out for a nice bright fleecy blanket to go over knees if necc.

I am a happy bunny:laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
10-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Hard job isn't it choosing a double buggy, i too am on the look out for a replacement, i have a m&p twin aria as a second, but it is quite hard to push and feels a bit feeble.

I am looking to replace my Graco duo this is really sturdy pushchair, but the basket iron has sheared off, the pushchair isn't as cosy as the m&p but it is very sturdy so has a purpose!

mama2three
10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
hbby looked at me like i had grown another head when he asked me what i wanted for xmas and i said a double buggy! I was half joking , but have no real idea what to get , would love a nipper or similar but balk at the price , especially for a part -timer , so it would take months of working to pay for the buggy!!!

loocyloo
10-10-2009, 07:28 PM
hbby looked at me like i had grown another head when he asked me what i wanted for xmas and i said a double buggy! I was half joking , but have no real idea what to get , would love a nipper or similar but balk at the price , especially for a part -timer , so it would take months of working to pay for the buggy!!!

makes sense to me!!!! MIL asked what i wanted for christmas the other day ... i said 'some wooden food'!

The Juggler
11-10-2009, 08:05 PM
after all the dithering i have finally bought one:clapping: :clapping:

I got a mothercare MPV. i went for a basic one as its only for occasional use, i dont do school runs so will be mainly used for the local shops and park. it fits in the boot nicely, and my single will be able to fit in too!

i was a bit worried because when i measured my front door i realised that a side by side wouldnt go through so i thought i would have to do the half fold trick with the children inside it to get it through!

BUT i have just unpacked it and with a bit of wiggling it does:clapping:

its bright red, it doesnt have cosy toes with it but im not bothered and am on the look out for a nice bright fleecy blanket to go over knees if necc.

I am a happy bunny:laughing: :laughing:

oooh oooh! my double only has silly foot muffs which don't even reach to the waist and things fall out the bottom! I just got a lovely fleecy cosy toes completely in the seat, round the back and over the feet and up to waist, it is gorgeous. Babies R Us for £15. Half the price of mothercare or kiddicare! It's their own brand, you just slip it over the straps.

miffy
11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Glad you got it sorted - did you take the lo's with you to test drive it?

Miffy xx

sweets
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
no didnt have them with me! lol. so i may have made a big mistake and it might be on ebay at the weekend. :laughing:

It was the lightest in the shop without children in it tho.

babs
11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
i got my double buggy from charity shop in great condition complete with footmuffs rain cover .....so i was well pleased :clapping: :clapping: only cost me £30 too...