PDA

View Full Version : Really really really worried...

WibbleWobble
10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
:( I am in the process of registering and have sent all my forms in to ofsted. Just got a letter this morning from the Medical part of Ofsted to say they were going to have to approach my GP for more information.

I know what it is about

in 1986 i was 18 and i found out i was pregnant...at uni !

I took 5 or 6 paracetamol...threw them up ( iam a wuss) and booked my self in to see my GP

Told him what had happened and he was sympathetic. I needed no medical treatment and went on to have DD# 1 who is now 22 years old.

Since then i have had some postnatal depression (last lot 17 yrs ago) and an episode of depression when i was made redundant from my nurse consultants job 6 years ago....no meds for over 5 years now.

But i am now in a turmoil! i have had to think about what happened...and its not nice.

Do you think i will be blacklisted and fail?

I did manage a 20 year career in the NHS and never had any problems with medicals. And i worked with some very vulnerable people including children.

I have also held (and still do) an enhanced CRB since they were brought out so i must be an ok person....

OH and my sister (another nursing sister) think i am worrying over nothing.

I just wanted someone from here to give me some advice. You lot know what we have to go through.

love mandy

x

PixiePetal
10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
didn't want to read and run. Not been in your situation.

There are people on the forum who have had similar circumstances - sure they will be along soon

Don't worry yourself yet, sure your GP can put reassure them.

Hebs
10-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi,

I overdosed as a teenager and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks,
also had PND

they asked my GP for more info, gp confirmed the reasons i OD and PND and they were happy

i remember posting on here in a right tizz over it convinced they would say no to me, but i was honest from the start explained my reasons and they were suprisingly supportive :thumbsup:

don't give up x x

WibbleWobble
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
still making me feel sick though!

I had actually forgot about it and have had to tell husband...he is as lovely as ever!

is it worth it?

i have realised i have, up to now, filled in 11 forms to get this far! i hate forms...

Mandy x

mumof1
10-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I was on anti depressants for 6 and a half years and only just came off them at xmas and so far it hasnt affected me with my appication and im just about to complete and register. I really wouldnt worry to much and i hope it dosent affect your application.

Blaze
10-10-2009, 12:49 PM
They'll just check everything with your GP - as long as you've been honest & you've nothing to worry about. There are plenty of forum members who have been through the same thing & their depression etc has been much more recent/ongoing & they've had no problems.
HTH:)

Daddy Day Care
10-10-2009, 01:14 PM
pm sent :)

Mrs Book
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
another one on anti d's with PND. Think as long as you have been upfront from the start you should be ok.

Was told when we had out intro meeting, that if you were not upfront on something what else are you hiding!!!

I'm sure it will be fine.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
i was on anti d's when i registered they got me checked over with a private psychologist who gave me the all clear.

Seriously dont worry about it you will be fine!

jemima
10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I had PND last year and registered fine this year I had a long chat with the ofsted woman when she came and she mostly wanted to know if I would recognise it if I ever have another baby and what I would do if it happened again. I think as long as you tell them everything and are honest they are fine x

miffy
10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Didn't want to read and run - hope it gets sorted out quickly for you - try not to worry

Miffy xx

Spangles
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't think you have anything to worry about although I know that's easy for me to say.

Once they've got all the information they need I'm sure you will be approved and be a childminder before you know it!

Good luck and try not to worry.

xxxx

lnmrobbo
11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Everybody is right you know, there is nothing to worry about, it's just all precaution, safeguarding the children.

Ive just been through the same thing, they asked my G.P for further info, and then they asked for more further info! Then, last Friday I had to go to their Doctors for a medical! I was absolutley terrified!

I'm still suffering with Post Traumatic Stress, but the Doctor I saw was so nice, said he completley understood everything and in the end he told me he would advise Ofsted that I was ok to care for children, he added that I should receive my registration certificate this week!

You just have to relax with everything and it will (eventually) fall into place.

Good Luck,
Lisa x