PDA

View Full Version : can't have any secrets can you??

Lainey Lou
09-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi all, I was taking my 7 year old mindee to school today, anyway got talking to one of the dads, told him I was a childminder and that the 2 year old I had with me was my daughter and I also had another daughter who was 19, he replied '19! Blimey!', I was waiting for the 'you don't look old enough' comment, and my mindee pipes up ... "Yeah, she is 40 you know!!" he he I was giggling to myself all the way back the to car, can't have any secrets can you? :laughing: xx

TheBTeam
09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Dont you just love them, it is bad enough when your own kids blab your age, but for the mindees to start as well!!!

Lady Haha
09-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry, off topic abit, but you just reminded me of one of my mindees! His mum was 40 a few months back and he will NOT have it! He insists that she is 14!!!!

I love the fact that the parents can't have any secrets from us! The mindees tell us everything!! One of my mindees (an 8 yr old girl) told me she found a picture of her dad with 'his willy out' under her mums bed! She said she put it back and didn't tell mum. I haven't either.:rolleyes: I know so many things about her mum that would make her want the ground to open up!!!

TheBTeam
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry, off topic abit, but you just reminded me of one of my mindees! His mum was 40 a few months back and he will NOT have it! He insists that she is 14!!!!

I love the fact that the parents can't have any secrets from us! The mindees tell us everything!! One of my mindees (an 8 yr old girl) told me she found a picture of her dad with 'his willy out' under her mums bed! She said she put it back and didn't tell mum. I haven't either.:rolleyes: I know so many things about her mum that would make her want the ground to open up!!!

Again a bit off topic, but a school friend of my sons when they had to do a project involving pictures of people and made a book with picture in that he had found of a 'lady' that he had found in a magazine under his dads bed, he assured everyone that they were daddys special books, and he knew that his dad looked at them, this was the explanation he stood up and gave in class when the teacher asked him to explain his book out loud, without having checked the book beforehand!!!!:eek:

Needlesss to say this caused a huge laugh the class was only 6-7 year olds and the Mum was a ta in the year below!

Don't know if mum ever found out but she certainly had people staring at her strangely for a while!

Lainey Lou
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: That is soooo funny, don't you just love them xx

The Juggler
10-10-2009, 07:58 AM

one of my dads jokingly told his son (my mindee) that he was 21. He was actually about 33 at the time. Anyway we were discussing ages on a school run one day and my mindee would not have it that his dad could not be only 25. We told him grown ups joke they're still only 21 sometimes and that he was already 8 and had older step brothers of 16 that his dad had brought up from babies. We tried all sorts to help him understand, but we left it in the end as he got a bit upset. I said why not ask Dad.

Unfortunately, Dad persisted with the 'joke' so next time mindee and ds were discussing ages same thing happened. I didn't' get involved this time but thought I might have a word with dad because I didn't want mindee getting mickey taken at school. I told him he really believes your 21 y'know and he said, I am (laughing). Took a while for me to persuade him the benefits of confessing his real age to his ds!:rolleyes: good job we had a good parent:minder relationship or that would have been difficult

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
10-10-2009, 10:57 AM
totally off topic again but a few years back my sister was behind Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) in a que, Her 9 yr old son was quite excited by this as was she.

Her son plucked up the courage to ask him for his autograph then came out with
"MY MUM SAID SHE WOULD GIVE U ONE ANYTIME U WANTED!"

my sis was mortified and didnt know where to put her face, son had obviously overheard a comment my sis had made during a steamy enders scene!

The Juggler
10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
totally off topic again but a few years back my sister was behind Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) in a que, Her 9 yr old son was quite excited by this as was she.

Her son plucked up the courage to ask him for his autograph then came out with
"MY MUM SAID SHE WOULD GIVE U ONE ANYTIME U WANTED!"

my sis was mortified and didnt know where to put her face, son had obviously overheard a comment my sis had made during a steamy enders scene!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: OMG! that is sooo funny!