PDA

View Full Version : 1000 apologies in advance.

crazybones
29-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Ofsted have just rang. :panic: They are finally (after nearly 4 years) coming on 12th or 13th March. Do you think they got my variation letter this week and suddenly remembered I exist? Anyway please bear with me, my stomach is churning and I am likely to be hasselling you all for the next 12 days. :o

Annie x

bubbly
29-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Good luck Annie and let us know how you get on :)

deeb66
29-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I am sure you will be fine Annie

You know that someone is always around if you need any help....so give us a shout!

sarah707
29-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hassle away! And don't panic! :panic:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
29-02-2008, 11:56 AM
You will be fine just try not to panic.

Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

LittleMissSparkles
29-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Good Luck Annie x

crazybones
29-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Husband has phoned . He is panicing panicking (oh cant spell the word) but you know what I mean :laughing: The best thing is all those little jobs on his list will be getting done now :clapping: and I HAVE to remove all this paperwork from the dining room table and sort it properly so we can eat in here instead of breakfast bar. What is the worst that can happen. I know I am not inadequate and my parents are happy so key sera sera (and I know I have definitely spelt that wrong):laughing:

Annie x

flora
29-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Try and stay calm annie, with all the experience and talent on this forum , if you don't know it there are probably many who do !!!!!:clapping: Good luck anyway, will keep eveything crossed for you :)

Twinkles
29-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Good luck, it will be fine. There's always someone here to help and there is some really useful information on the site.

Pauline
29-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Ofsted have just rang. :panic: They are finally (after nearly 4 years) coming on 12th or 13th March. Do you think they got my variation letter this week and suddenly remembered I exist? Anyway please bear with me, my stomach is churning and I am likely to be hasselling you all for the next 12 days. :o

Annie x

That's exactly what happened to me, 4 years and still waiting I decided to deliberately ask for a variation (which could have waited), just so that they would come before they take their time out for training in March and get my inspection over! It worked!

Good luck, you will be fine and just ask away if you need help. :)

cherry
29-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Oh Annie I know how you feel, I was so nervous leading up to my inspection.

But on the day it was fine, the inspector was lovely. We had a coffee and got to know each other then she sat at the table and went through my paperwork, which was fine because of all the help I got from this forum.

She watched me play with the little girl I had and would every now and again ask me a question. She stayed for 3 1/2 hours, but it went very quickly. :)

Hassle us all you want, we are here to help. :thumbsup:

HilaryT
29-02-2008, 01:27 PM
We are all with you - we all know exactly what it's like - the nerves, lack of sleep, pacing around, frantic reading of National Standards book (trying to find it first always helps!).

I had my inspection 3 weeks ago - the inspector was very friendly and sympathetic (especially as one of the children was spectacularly sick all over the kitchen floor within 5 minutes of the inspector arriving!) and so it's all fresh. Just remember your Ofsted poster (Oh no, not the which poster moment!), your insurance certificate, some photos of the kids up and artwork together with a big smile on your face! (Mine looked more like hysteria, I'm sure!).

Anyway, make a list of the must-do jobs and take some deep breaths ...

good luck, Hilary

crazybones
29-02-2008, 01:36 PM
We are all with you - we all know exactly what it's like - the nerves, lack of sleep, pacing around, frantic reading of National Standards book (trying to find it first always helps!).

I had my inspection 3 weeks ago - the inspector was very friendly and sympathetic (especially as one of the children was spectacularly sick all over the kitchen floor within 5 minutes of the inspector arriving!) and so it's all fresh. Just remember your Ofsted poster (Oh no, not the which poster moment!), your insurance certificate, some photos of the kids up and artwork together with a big smile on your face! (Mine looked more like hysteria, I'm sure!).

Anyway, make a list of the must-do jobs and take some deep breaths ...

good luck, Hilary

Have got 2 posters up. The parachute laminated on Welcome board and the other one with the wrong CIS no on the playroom door. Funnily enough printed loads of photos last night. Think I will keep swapping A's top and put Williams on and take loads more :laughing: . Artwork on display board or some in folders. Insurance certificate displayed. Big grimace on face. OK sorted now. I have just declared myself Outstanding - Job done.

Sorry just woken up. Must get back to that to do list. Thanks guys.

Annie x

Banana
29-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Just wanted to say good luck Annie!!

I am sure you will be fine

xx

ruby
29-02-2008, 02:31 PM
good luck and as the others have said don't panic and just be yourself

cathy

nell57
29-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Good luck hope all goes well

Helen

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I am sure you will be fine Annie

Good luck

Angel xx

Tatia
29-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Remember to breathe. Twelve days is a nice amount of time to get ready. You sound on the ball already and once you have your dining room table back, things will be really easy! Best of luck!

elaineg
29-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Good luck, fingers crossed for you Im sure it will be fine.

love elaine XXX

Nix
29-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck...don't worry it'll be a breeze for someone like you with all your experience and you have 12 days to prepare...or is that to worry about it!

You'll do great:D

Nix x

charleyfarley
29-02-2008, 06:08 PM
You will be fine, just stay calm and relax

Good luck for the visit

Carol xx

crazybones
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Just read throught the standards before inspection and suddenly thought all my baby toys are carefully packed in the loft along with steriliser, travel cot, chairs etc as my youngest at the moment is 2 yrs 2 mths. Will I need to get it out to show inspector?

Annie x

Mollymop
01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
I think you'll do fab! Good luck for when t he time comes, and good luck getting ready!

avril
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Annie

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine as I said in my Pm

As for travel cot, if any little ones have a sleep you need to show they have somewhere other than a pram to sleep. Otherwise no you shouldn't need all this equipment out as takes up unnecessary space.

Avril x::)

Amaranth
01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Annie,
Good luck for the inspection, you sound like you have got everything just about sorted.

tinytigers
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I am sure that everything will be fine. Good luck.

HilaryT
02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
If it were me, I would get out a small selection of baby toys just before your inspection, and explain you have more put away for when you do have babies to mind.

Hilary