PDA

View Full Version : bit confused

Lincsminder
09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
please can some one tell me (or point me in the right direction) about acredditation and networks. in our area there are no networks so we cant draw down the funding, but am i right in thinking that this is to change shortly and so we can get it?

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
If you have an accredited network in your area your local Early Years Department will know about it so give them a call.

Yes you need to be monitored so an accredited network is compulsory.

Personally I don't think that the funding pays enough and don't draw on mine.

Madminder
09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
A lot of places have no networks or only small ones, basically because to run them as they are at the moment is very expensive. I have just lost 12.5 hours a week from one child as they started nursery, Mum wanted me to do her nursery education as I did for her sisters but our network has been halved due to lask of funding, and there is no room on it at the moment :mad: . Very frustating.

NCMA has been working with the govt to help design more flexible, affordable networks with the intention of having one available for every childminder to join in the future so look out for more news of this.

singingcactus
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
When I first moved to Lincolnshire just over 2 years ago I was asking this too. I was told by the childminding official who's title escapes me after one large port and brandy,
'Lincolnshire doesn't have networks because we are a very big county! and we do not do accreditation for childminders...at all!'
So unless anything has changed in the last 2 years that I haven't heard about then you won't get funding, because they don't think it is fair that some people can get on networks and some can't and some get accredited and some don't. So they put a ban on anyone being in a network or accredited.

Bitter! Who me??? :angry: