PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED Inspection

shell
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi

Hope everyone is ok.

Had an email this evening from my development officer asking to come and see me as i am soon due an OFSTED Inspection!! :(

Can anyone help with what things i will need to show OFSTED really starting to panic!!

Want to start to getting everything ready now so im prepared.

Thanks in advance.

Shell x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Just your day to day things

Policy
Risk Assessments
EYFS - childrens folders
Attendance Records

shell
09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you Debbie, i get so worked up with it just cant think what im doing!! x

Tam's Tribe
09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
First Relax!!! that way you are operating at your best.

Good Luck!

miffy
11-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Have you got the booklet "Are you ready for your inspection?" - that tells you all you need to have in place and your DO should help you too.

Good luck - you'll be fine

Miffy xx

Kelly
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Most CDO's work through the every child matters outcomes, I think I once saw a check list on the forum once (it could be in downloads) you'll be on the right track if you follow it.

Kelly

nannymcflea
11-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Make sure your policies are up to date,RA's done on everything,parents have signed their kids away and you have evidence of how well you know your children,obs,photos,work and how you plan to show this,even if it's not written.

Good luck.

fucshia
25-10-2009, 04:48 PM
As far as I am aware I don't have a development officer, lucky you that your area helps you. It would have been very useful to have had one check everything before Ofsted came. Each area seems to vary so much as to how much help they give.

Good Luck.

David Sheppard
25-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi,

I attended a conference in June 09 where the head of Ofsted Inspectors, Maureen Sinclair, gave a very informative and enlightening briefing to about 80 childminders. She emphasised the importance of the Self Evaluation Form (although it is still optional) as a means to promote reflective practice. She also spoke of the excesses that many childminders are going to in order to meet the perceived paperwork requirements of EYFS and that much of the effort is actually not required. Having up to date and relevant risk assessments were also mentioned. Most impotantly, as has already been noted in another post, you should work through their 'Are you ready...' document.

Good luck, stay calm, be focussed and definitely be yourself.

Regards

David Sheppard EYP