PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!!

Mags
29-02-2008, 10:54 AM
My 2 yr old mindee has worn the same vest and socks for the last three days and they are very grubby.
Just stopped myself midway to changing her as I was going to put them in the wash, dry them and then redress her.....but...do you think her mum would take offence?????
I could just change her fully and maybe say she got messy while painting etc...but to be honest i never get back the replacement clothes.
Just wondered what any of you would do?

Banana
29-02-2008, 10:56 AM
In all honesty I would wash and dry them and just say she got in a mess

xx

Banana
29-02-2008, 10:57 AM
In saying that though you have to be careful with saop powder because of allergies. Maybe just put them in a hot wash? I've never had this problem though so dont know how I would feel actually doing it

x

LittleMissSparkles
29-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I would do as Lana has suggested a hot wash and tell mum baby got messy painting so you gave them a quick wash as you had a load going in anyway.... xxx

Mags
29-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks everyone, I just didn't want mum to think I was dropping big fat hints........(even though I probably want to)

deeb66
29-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I fortunately have not had to deal with a child who comes like that.

i do however have some minding friends who have :(

They wash and dry the clothes and put them back on and tell the parent that they got messy playing or that something was spilt down them.

sarah707
29-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Poor little mite... don't forget to document it in case you see neglect in other ways and have to inform someone :(

Mags
29-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes thanks Sarah, that had crossed my mind but must admit i thought I may be over reacting by doing so. I'm so glad that i can use this forum....it's a great help foe anyone feeling unsure.

angeldelight
29-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a baby that brings his snuggle blanket every day

It gets dropped on the floor inside / outside

He drops food on it at home

It is filthy

I wash it every single week

Mom knows I do it and says " oh it was really dirty sorry I meant to do it myself "

It really annoys me to be honest

Yes Mags I would most def wash them

Angel xx

bubbly
29-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I had to wash my mindee's top yesterday.

Turned my back for a sec and her nice white top had turned a bright shade of red :eek:

She'd been sitting on the sofa in the conservatory using the chalk board - literally scribbling all over it with red chalk and the dust was plastered all over her! I couldn't possibly send her home like that so I handwashed, tumble dried and ironed it.

I explained to mum in the evening and she was fine about it. Phew, lucky escape lol :D

I'd make up a plausible excuse and give 'em a quick wash. After all, it's you the child is seen out and about with and some people can be very judgemental. Or perhaps you could make a sign to pin on your coat saying, "I'm not this child's mother" :laughing:

sandy
29-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes, I agree, I would wash the clothes too and make up some excuse.

Not nice for them or you if they are grubby - it reflects badly on you when you are seen out.

sandy:)

ajs
29-02-2008, 11:42 AM
been there done that
r is always absolutley filthy even now 6 years later, the parents just don't see the dirt
i used to buy cheap thing in primark and keep them here if she was filthy and smelly too i'd wash her stuff and if it wasn't ready in time i'd send her home in the new clothes and say they were another mindees and i had to have them back for her, but i also kept her own clothes here just in case for next time

it def isn't the money as this family are loaded
she has now got a teddy that is sooooo disgusting that r know if she brings it i will wash it, it absolutely stinks too

lindylou
29-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi i would do as the others say and wash them i have a child who reguarly comes in a dirty coat and i wash it
Does the mum bring spare clothes if she does not wash the clothes put them back on tell her the child spilt drink on them and ask could she please send spare clothes in the back in future in a nice way
Linxx

littletreasures
29-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I think I would have to wash and tumble dry and put them back on her to go home with.

Jules

emmadines
29-02-2008, 10:39 PM
are we allowed to do that? sorry m new, havent learnt all the in's and outs yet :blush: :blush:

Emma

wendywu
01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I always ask for a change of clothes in their bags.:)

Shirlwith3
01-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Don't get me started

I mind a child like that but most of the time he wears clothes that are way too small foir him, I keep a dairy of it now. I did have to wash his trousers once as they smelled of wee and he never had any spare clothes that fitted him.
Most of the time when he arrives in the morning it looks like his clothes have been thrown on him not even ironed.
I once got a excuse of Dad does our washing as I work too late she collects her son from at 5pm, you can also tell who has dressed him as dad makes a better effort than mum. My neighbour even worked out where they lived by the way the curtains were hung up or should I say chucked up.
I best stop

we are meant to be potty training him on did one day he arrived with loads of pants and one spare pair of trousers which he went through very quickly and since then he has gone back in to nappies.:huh: :confused:
shirl

miss muffit
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi why dont you ask for some spare clothes i alway do incase of accidents...or our playgroup put a big PG on all their clothes that children borrow and yes they do get returned ..maybe something more suttle tho

Mags
01-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I do ask for spares but they are always way too small (couldn't take mindee out anywhere in them). mind you most of what is worn is too small, still wearing 9 to 12 mth when in fact is almost 2 and a half. Mindee is small but not that bloomin small!!!!:(