PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you got rid of your trampoline?

Ripeberry
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm seriously wanting to get rid of ours. It's been in the garden for 3yrs. The blue edging is ripping and the foam padding has been shredded by the cat climbing up it.
I can't use it for mindees as they are all under 6yrs old. My own daughters never use it in winter, so its just taking up too much space.
If you have taken yours down...what did you do with it? And how on earth do you get the springs off? :eek:

Alibali
09-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd love to get rid of ours too, but my boys still love it.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
The trampoline comes apart very easily - just reverse the instructions.

Mine has perished and I have brought a new outside mat and cover for the winter (I put a ball in the middle to get the water off)

My trampoline doesn't say anything about under 6's not going on, just 1 at a time.

I won't remove it from my garden because of the little ones until my DD is finished with it.

Just make it safe if you decide to keep it and you will be fine.

singlewiththree
09-10-2009, 01:29 PM
If you want to get rid of it you could advertise it on freecycle saying they have to dismantle. I kept the metal thing that came with it to put the springs on only we didn't find it until after we had done the springs :rolleyes: I don't have my instructions but on the actual trampoline mine says only 1 child over 6 years at a time.

I like the idea of the cover as mine is 2yrs old now and starting to look a bit tired, the foam is falling off the poles, the surround keeps popping off and they have to get off while I fix it. It also makes a squeaking noise and a banging on the floor, so put foam pieces under the legs.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
If you want to get rid of it you could advertise it on freecycle saying they have to dismantle. I kept the metal thing that came with it to put the springs on only we didn't find it until after we had done the springs :rolleyes: I don't have my instructions but on the actual trampoline mine says only 1 child over 6 years at a time.

I like the idea of the cover as mine is 2yrs old now and starting to look a bit tired, the foam is falling off the poles, the surround keeps popping off and they have to get off while I fix it. It also makes a squeaking noise and a banging on the floor, so put foam pieces under the legs.

Watch Argos as they have them out for £69 sometimes and that is cheaper than replacing everything.

Madminder
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't have my instructions but on the actual trampoline mine says only 1 child over 6 years at a time.

I would understand that as being as many children under 6 as you like but only 1 over 6 at a time! Probably cos they are bigger and need more space.

singlewiththree
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I would understand that as being as many children under 6 as you like but only 1 over 6 at a time! Probably cos they are bigger and need more space.

I let my own children and their friends under 6 on two at a time :) I don't let mindee on as he is only 18mths. I used to have a small trampoline but that fell apart.

fionamal
09-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I gave mine away on freecylce as i was petrified that one of the kids would have an accident after reading so many disaster stories plus it was taking up so much room for it not being used all the time.

Twinkles
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I am getting rid of mine. I originally bought it for DS3 but he doesn't go on it anymore and due to the problems people have had I won't let under six's use it anymore so it seems a bit of a waste of space.

FussyElmo
09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Ours will be staying as both ds's love it and would be on it in any weather. Will be looking for a new enclosure etc next year though