PDA

View Full Version : folding a phil & teds

cabby
09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
can you fold phil & teds buggy with the second seat attached?? ive been having a look this morning but get the immpression you can only do this with the new vibe one, which so far seems a lot more expensive than the sport,

or does anyone have the vibe if so is it worth the extra money??
thanks, karenxx

Noodles
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
The second seat needs to be taken off to fold. I have the sport version and to be honest it is a quick 2 second job to take it on and off nothing difficult.

cabby
09-10-2009, 10:20 AM
the problem i have is that i dont drive, and sometimes need to get on a bus, which is why i like the ides of being able to fold it with the second seat left on:)

Noodles
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Right i see i would say that the phil and teds is very heavy if you are taking it on public transport then. It takes me all my time to lift it into the boot of the car.
Dont know how much lighter the vibe is

singlewiththree
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree having taken the phil & teds with double seat on holiday by train and then a bus it was a nightmare! It is heavy to lift into the storage units, and you never know where to put the spare seat and hold the children, nightmare!

janminder
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I use the phil & teds and have to get on buses, it is quite heavy to lift on but I find it so much better than a side by side. I did have to take off the rear seat once and have the child on my lap to fit on a bus next to another pram, it would have stuck out too much in the aisle otherwise, but if I had had a side by side would not have been able to get on as folding and having two 2 year olds out was not an option. As has been said you do have to take off the rear seat but it is so easy. They are a whole lot better than a tandem.